Kane

• Harry Kanes plumeted during the world cup, surely his value can only go up over the season?

• @NewUser156786 not necessarily for some reason he just doesn't pull in the media dividends like he should and if you want to be in £9 + territory you need to be smashing the pb and mb

• Kane's roi has been ok and he's got years ahead of him and he is getting better, proven striker who is world class.

There's plenty of buzz in him which means more growth.

• @NewUser60527 noirx4 is the guy with the stats. I think he probably has a good idea mate. He wins buzz when he scores a hat trick but rarely does otherwise. I'm sure it will be an ongoing question on here for a long time to come but the stats just don't add up to warrant his price if you ask me.

• I'm aware of that but stats don't account for the next season. Different circumstances etc etc .

• Plus, which “stats” are being relied on? I subscribe to noirs stats and I don’t think they’re particularly consistent with his opinion.

Kane has been one of the highest dividend winners during the World Cup. Miles ahead of Messi and Salah who are in the same price bracket.

Ronaldo has been much higher, but massive transfer news has played its part and Ronaldo is only £9 because of his age (if he was 26, he easily be £13+).

• MB return since Jan 1st 2017 -
    Ronaldo £3.81
    Sanchez £3.54
    Neymar £3.28
    Salah £3.06
    Coutinho £2.10
    Kane £1.88
    Pogba £1.87
    Lukaku £1.74
    Messi £1.72

I started June 2017 and then went back through the Twitter feed to get daily winners, apologies if it's not 100% accurate (I'm human) but it's very close. I seem to remember he started the 17-18 season well with plenty of MB.

I'd say as a minimum he's a steady hold, he probably won't generate the very big return %s but if you haven't got time to watch FI obsessively to pick up transfer rumours etc. he's someone you can buy and forget about, he'll just quietly pick up both MB / PB.

PB (64p by my records) not only does he have a proven scoring record but also averages the highest amount of shots per game - which all count towards PB.

BTW he's one of my smallest holds (30) so don't care either way - just the facts.

• In the last 30 days (i.e. since the WC began), Kane has delivered 41p in dividends and still has one more match to play.

In comparison, Messi delivered 27p and Salah 0p over the same period.

• Held him for as long as I could and sold at a small loss. Lot of apprehension on Kane, I won't be re-investing.

• Kane's media returns are solely down to how England have done and the fact he's the captain and top scorer. If England went out in the group stages he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the amount. And his PB is better through limited number of games, again this is down to Englands progress or he wouldn't be as good. Both of these have made his price rise, but when he's back at spurs and there 30-40 games to contend with he'll not do as well. And now that England didn't win the WC the only way he'll get media buzz is if he finishes top scorer. But his value now the world cup is over for him is only going one way I think... Down!

• How on earth did Kane get to over £10 earlier this year with all this negativity about how shit he is........................

• @NewUser60527 that was around the time he stopped getting any PB and scored really badly on MB. I had him at the time. He lifted a bit on the run up to the WC so managed to get out with a small profit. But yeah, he had a severe dry spell. Time will tell if it's temporary or if his value on the index isn't what it used to be.

• @NewUser60527 said in Kane:

How on earth did Kane get to over £10 earlier this year with all this negativity about how shit he is........................

He had a period when he was racking up dividends (both media and performance) left, right and centre. That combined with people buying in advance of the WC saw his price fly.

He's a bit of a boring safe hold. If his price drops then he'll recover when he hits a scoring run. The kind of player who benefits most from the IPOs as early on in the season, whoever scores in big prem games often wins media.

Have a small holding in him which not planning on selling but not queing up to buy more either unless he drops below £8.

• @mike778 said in Kane:

@NewUser60527 said in Kane:

How on earth did Kane get to over £10 earlier this year with all this negativity about how shit he is........................

He had a period when he was racking up dividends (both media and performance) left, right and centre. That combined with people buying in advance of the WC saw his price fly.

He's a bit of a boring safe hold. If his price drops then he'll recover when he hits a scoring run. The kind of player who benefits most from the IPOs as early on in the season, whoever scores in big prem games often wins media.

Have a small holding in him which not planning on selling but not queing up to buy more either unless he drops below £8.

He's kind of gone off a cliff edge and that £8 mark is approaching. Was about £9.30 peak before England got knocked out, £8.38 now. There must be some taking a bit hit on him.

• Yes I am, but he will come back eventually, people are just getting Carried away with transfers and bargain basement no hopers.

I just look at the dividends I make, still in green overall even though his price his red.

Living with a player in the red is hard, but class is permenant and all that.

People also selling Pogba. I actually saw someone instant sell 100!

• @NewUser60527

How can you tell someone instant sells?

• @Comrade

Because xxxx sold a 100 and the price wasn’t the buy price. I was just looking at my portfolio and noticed it in the bottom right corner (laptop).

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.