Past Deposit Bonus Sell Offs

• Have been on the index since April, so the deposit bonus 'Bubble' is new to me.

Some top players have had large increases over the last two days.

Once the 1st August kicks in and traders can sell without penalising their deposit bonus, based on past experience is their likely to be a sell off of these players as traders seek to release funds?

Would it be sensible if you are not taking part in the bonus offers to take some profits with the aim to repurchase the players sold at a 'lower priced' after the sell off.

• I started about the same time,my take is if I have enough futures in a player I may sell a few to take a profit an spend elsewhere,if I haven't got many then I'm going to sit tight,ride out any drop and hopefully come out smelling of roses when the ads kick in.tough choices to make though!

• @Spirit-cat the way I read it the sell off could happen anytime.

The ts n cs say

Deposit over £100
    Spend it all on players
    Any withdrawal cancels bonus

It doesn’t say you can’t sell players you have invested in, just that you can’t withdraw the deposit!

I stand to be corrected

• @Ringers true,players like Salah have dropped then risen again,maybe a few people cashing in early an then a few late comers jumping on the drop?. Whatever happens in the next few days is small in the grand scheme,can only see the index going up!

• @Ringers

Yes there is no limit to when you can sell, only when you can withdraw.

I think it’s much more sensible that way, with a steady stream of buys and sells providing a relatively stable market (other than the first two hours when everyone was buying).

If FI prevented selling until 1st Aug, there would be a mass sell off that day, prices would fall and some people might lose confidence in the Index.

• @ocs123 its all new because previous deposit bonuses have required a 20x playthrough which staggered any withdrawls. Im very greatful this wasnt a condition this time

• @Noirx4 I have to admit i have no idea what people mean by play through?,thought it was a golfing term :)

• @Twitcher its basically you have to buy 20x the deposit bonus in players. So if you got £1k bonus you had to buy £20k in players before you could withdraw

• @Spirit-cat
    I think it depends what you’re after. I’m finally close to what I want as Pb players for the season. It’s not worth the risk selling them now incase their price doesn’t fall. If it does then it does. It wouldn’t look great but if they do deliver pb and perform well, their price should increase even more so I’m not too worried

• @Noirx4 Ah right cheers for the info.Sounds rough!.

• @Noirx4 said in Past Deposit Bonus Sell Offs:

@Twitcher its basically you have to buy 20x the deposit bonus in players. So if you got £1k bonus you had to buy £20k in players before you could withdraw

Where does It say about 20 x ??

• @Noirx4 is it just buying 20x? I always thought it was how much you actually make as well. Like you had to make 20x the deposit amount either by purchasingg with fresh money or winning dividends or capital increase?

• @Stevo nope it was just purchases

• @Chicken-Badge not for this bonus i was saying previous bonuses had this

• @Noirx4 said in Past Deposit Bonus Sell Offs:

@Chicken-Badge not for this bonus i was saying previous bonuses had this

Yes its abit worrying Has Its a far to kind bonus in my view... needs to be a wagering requirement from a bussiness prospective

• The biggest risers have been next season's PB bosses. Can't see there being a big sell off as the logical place to invest the proceeds is... next season's PB bosses

And with FI's ongoing marketing push (Sky TV link up about to launch) money is going to keep coming into the market best to be in ahead of that rather than cash out now

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.