Scouting players & the next wonderkids

• I'm sure we've all got our own methods of scouting the next big player for our portfolio's via online databases, watching games or even playing Fifa at the very least (maybe not as reliable). As one for a keen eye for new up & coming talented youth players or 'Wonderkids' and with a handful of clubs (maybe more) using databases such as Football Manager to gather information for player potential and progression for their own scouting reports and analysis.

What do you think is the best method?
    Can Football Manager be reliable up to a certain extent?
    Any players that you have seen on FM and swooped in for your portfolio?

• @Oliver-P unfortunately I don't play football manager anymore because I became addicted and spent every spare hour I had playing on it.

Now I just spend those hours researching players for FI instead 😂

• @Stevo said in Scouting players & the next wonderkids:

@Oliver-P unfortunately I don't play football manager anymore because I became addicted and spent every spare hour I had playing on it.

Now I just spend those hours researching players for FI instead 😂

Yeah I had to ban myself from it years ago - 01/02 was my last desktop one. Do allow myself the mobile game providing its only for the train ... once it hits my spare time has to be uninstalled.

• @Oliver-P I look on the cheap players forum. I then google them, look at their stats on Wikipedia or other site. I then look at their highlights video on YouTube. If I see they have Vision, Technique, Ball Control, Shooting, Short Passing, Long Passing, Strength, Pace etc. then I buy them. Aouar at £1.69 had everything for me. I sold at £2.24 and jumped on Nkunku at around £1.20 based on Agatello mentioning him. Nkunku is a different type of player but a similar class, though I think Aouar edges him.

• I come across players researching other players I found this little kid Hutchinson at Arsenal he looks hot

• I've heard that even football clubs and scouts use football manager as it's very accurate.

• I look at clubs that have a good history of bringing through or developing good youth players, clubs like Monaco Lyon even clubs like Ajax most teams in Europe have a pattern with how the conduct their business , if you follow whatever pattern suits you then you’ll eventually find a wonder kid in time, well that’s my logic haha!

• Yeah Ajax have some outrageous talent at the moment like Kasper Dolberg and Matthijs de Ligt just to name a couple. Hearing some really good stuff about Mason Greenwood and others that are in and around the U18s at Man Utd. Dortmund are another club that I'm looking in to a far bit considering I'm currently holding Jadon Sancho who is seem to set for a big season as a starter and has already made me a fair bit of profit if I was to sell.

• @Oliver-P I sold Sancho at £2.52. I then re-invested that into Sergio Gomez and Isak who are both at Dortmund aswell.

• @HappyLarry59855 Alexander Isak another really good prospect although he could struggle to get some real minutes under his belt at Dortmund with Sancho, Pulisic and Marco Reus being more favored. Maybe a loan move might be better for him and his development depending on how Lucien Favre will set out his team for the domestic cup competition.

• @Oliver-P Pulisic, Reus and Sancho are wingers whereas Isak is a striker I think.

• @HappyLarry59855 Yeah, I've seen him play both positions. Interested to see how he develops this season!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.