Your favourite trade

• In the interests of some positive thinking ahead of the new season, I’m interested in hearing about the trades that you’ve made that you consider with real pride or fondness.

This isn’t necessarily the most profitable. It could be that you spotted a gem really early, or saw something that others didn’t, or timed your entry and exit points to absolute perfection.

I have a few myself that spring to mind:

• For timing, I got some James Rodriguez for under £2 when he was linked to Man Utd last summer. About 24 hours later jumped off at his high point of c. £4.50 before he plummeted again.

• For scouting, I remember being blown away by Rony Lopes last year, and investing heavily when he was really cheap (around 60p), even though his PB scores weren’t doing much at the time. I’ve held through the big rise and am really pleased to have spotted a gem so early. I’m always that little bit happier to see him in my portfolio when I scroll past.

• @playingcards1 Odoi, Lookman, Tielemans, Terrier, Grandsir all close to doubled for me or did before I sold.

• New here but really think Mason Mount will be huge if he nails down a starting role for Derby under Lampard. It’s the first big trade that I have made.

He’s not that cheap and therefore, hardly what many would call a gem.
    However, showing all the right signs and will hopefully break into the Chelsea first team in 3-4 years time.
    Alternatively, if Derby get promoted.....

Thanks

• Sanchez move to united, made a shit load of buzz and price growth profit, then sold him before he dropped.

Brought him back since for this season for buzz, should be more settled now and play better.

• Fabian Ruiz got on him at 54p now £2.02 but won't sell as have him for PB

• Gouiri for me , got on him at 98p he’s blew up recently, ferran Torres as well but he’s probably shot up because of the 100million euro release clause he’s not long had inserted into his deal !

• For sheer profitability Salah who quadrupled in price and with dividends probably did whatever the word is for 5 times. At the time he was priced below mane which seemed odd because at the time he looked like more of a goalscorer of the two. I was pretty confident he had potential to hit 4 quid.

I got a lot of satisfaction from other trades though. Last year when there was a media buzz fortnight and atletico players dropped I bought them and then sold them at the end of the fortnight for a decent profit. Been a lot of those timing trades which may not have racked up huge rewards but were quite satisfying when they went through seemlessly.

When PB was top 200 only , you could buy players a fortnight before they were likely to win a Pb due to lack of competition and sell the day before for a pretty reliable 10pc. Had much less money invested then which was a shame. Again these were pretty satisfying ...

• Love it when you have someone you've almost forgotten about as they've been sitting in your portfolio doing nothing then bam mega rise out of the blue - Rebic during the World Cup was one

• Rhian Brewster 👌👍 £1 in not out yet £2.21

• @mike778 Quintupled is the word you're after, Mike :)

• 500 shares in Leon Bailey at 77p.

• @Blue-Python said in Your favourite trade:

@mike778 Quintupled is the word you're after, Mike :)

I like that word

• Getting on these players very early doors.....
    Tanguy N'dombele
    Hossem Aouar
    I've got a soft spot for Lyon and their conveyorbelt of young players.
    N'Dombele will go on to play for Barca/Real/Man CIty or equivalent one day, i'm sure of that, he's absolute class.

• Super Rony lopes still my favourite trade. Been topping up throughout the year - average out at £0.88 now £2.00! future looking bright , still holding 😃

• I'd say my best was buying Salah for £4.44 per share, then selling at over & 10.50 per share just before the champions league final, as well as all the dividends I got for him along the way. The current one I am proud of is getting Ruben Neves for £1.10 per share, going to hold as I think he will win a few divs in the premiership this season

• Hi, its easy for me cos Im here only 8 weeks so its gonna be David Otto - bought for 58p now 142p and Domingos Quina - bought for 57p now 105p.

• @Hybrid Sorry, I wanted answer to playingcards1 :/

• @NewUser113767 said in Your favourite trade:

I'd say my best was buying Salah for £4.44 per share, then selling at over & 10.50 per share just before the champions league final, as well as all the dividends I got for him along the way. The current one I am proud of is getting Ruben Neves for £1.10 per share, going to hold as I think he will win a few divs in the premiership this season

I remember when I bought salah at 1.83. Then sold him at 2.50 lol. What a knob 😂

• Not been on long:

£205 on Mo Salah by mistake!

Boyata of Celtic to prove to a mate that Celtic are crap :) so far, so good!

And Matt Macey at Arsenal - ex-Bristol Rovers!

Must take it more seriously!

UTG!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.