Footie index daily gain shrinking, are members cashing out?

• Without realizing bonus period has been extended.

• @Ollie My portfolio has gone down £100 in the past 30+ hours. I think people are cashing out.

• The terms of the previous bonus period remain the same. So if you had deposited all your spare cash and had the intention to sell and withdraw you will still get the bonus but you will not be eligible for the extended bonus period.

So it makes sense that it had dropped off a little bit. Although my portfolio hasn't stopped going up.

• Cue a list of angry punters, not a well thought out promotion strategy I think, given this was bound to happen.

• @Ollie what’s there to be angry about? They had unforseen tech issues at the weekend, these things happen. Which is why the deposit bonus was extended. Doesn’t really make much of a difference, if anything it helps prevent people from panic selling.

The index has boomed, there hasn’t been a market pullback (yet), there’s been an influx of new members, and there’s a new tv advertising campaign on the way. All looking great to me.

• Growth is growth chaps, if it's going up then more cash is going in then out and that's without any IPO's coming on which boosts the FOOTIE in a different way.

Let's not forget that the FOOTIE is unrelated to people wallets too, so people emptying their cash pot wouldn't touch the overall figure at all.

To constitute a crash I'd say the FOOTIE would have to drop 3-4000 pts and I seriously can't see that happening.

• @Agatello said in Footie index daily gain shrinking, are members cashing out?:

Growth is growth chaps, if it's going up then more cash is going in then out and that's without any IPO's coming on which boosts the FOOTIE in a different way.

Let's not forget that the FOOTIE is unrelated to people wallets too, so people emptying their cash pot wouldn't touch the overall figure at all.

To constitute a crash I'd say the FOOTIE would have to drop 3-4000 pts and I seriously can't see that happening.

@Agatello said in Footie index daily gain shrinking, are members cashing out?:

Growth is growth chaps, if it's going up then more cash is going in then out and that's without any IPO's coming on which boosts the FOOTIE in a different way.

If you sell you need to pay 5% then you buy back at a higher price I’d have much more money in my pocket if I didn’t make this error... long term gains are better than short term ones eat up by selling fees .... if you sell you should sell for a reason like a player going to China if you buy buy for potential selling to cash out only is just a mugs gain and false economy so I’m with you that there’s more growth yet

• @Wish Could have been handled differently as there will be those who weren't expecting the extended bonus period, didn't read the emails about it and piled in to cash out, and have now lost their bonuses. Angry is reasonable I suppose, disgruntled is maybe fairer, as buyer beware applies. However, FI must have known this was a 100% certainty waiting to happen to a minority.

What could have been done that would have kept everybody sweet was to honour the original 3!st July deadline, and then re-run a new promotion two days later or so. It's called customer care and works if organised properly. I think I must apply for the PR job they don't know they need ;)

• @Ollie ‘Could have been handled differently as there will be those who weren't expecting the extended bonus period, didn't read the emails about it and piled in to cash out, and have now lost their bonuses.’

This hasn’t happened though. Not sure if you’ve read the terms about the extension. This is from an announcement on FI’s twitter:

‘Traders can withdraw from the 1st August onwards and they will not be penalised on the original bonus window. Their bonuses will be paid on the 7th and 8th August.’

• Thanks for the update Wish, I stand corrected. Drama over :)

1. Customers are able to withdraw from 1st August 2018 onwards and eligible customers will still receive the bonus amount based on the original promotional window (26/07/2018, 13:00 (BST.) - 31/07/2018 23:59 (BST.) with the bonuses being paid out on 7th and 8th August 2018.

Note: Customers who request a withdraw after 1st August 2018 and onwards will not be eligible for a further 10% deposit bonus extended until midnight on 06/08/2018, 23:59 (BST.).

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.