Jack Grealish now staying at Villa ...

• I'm interested to hear the forums thoughts on this?

According to sky sports news, Villa will reject any further offers for the youngster.

Personally, I think this is a shrewd move by the owners.

If Grealish wants a move, he will have to hand in a transfer request, and therefore negate any loyalty bonuses that Villa would have been due him.

Furthermore, any club that wants him will be required to pay more than the 25 million reportedly offered by Spurs.

I still expect him to move last minute tomorrow.

I can't see the appeal for Grealish of another dogfight in the championship, with no guarantee of promotion, when the offer of Premier League and Champions League football is on the table.

• I personally still think he will go, Villa are just playing hard ball and holding out for more cash, his price has dropped slightly given the latest update, but £2.33 a share for someone who is a maybe to move from a non PB league is too high a price for me

• @Wolves_Ay_We said in Jack Grealish now staying at Villa ...:

I personally still think he will go, Villa are just playing hard ball and holding out for more cash, his price has dropped slightly given the latest update, but £2.33 a share for someone who is a maybe to move from a non PB league is too high a price for me

I partly agree with you. It's a risk, no doubt.

But if he signs for Spurs, I'd expect his price to end up somewhere between his current price of £2.34 and around £3 over the course of the season.

Promising young English players are probably all over valued on this platform, so I would expect Grealish to be no different.

With Deli Alli at £3.97 and Eriksen at £4.12 as potential benchmarks of spurs midfielders, its an indication of where Grealishs price could go.

Plus, he has peaky blinders hair, so that's worth at least an entire week of treble media bonus.

• @johnboywalker said in Jack Grealish now staying at Villa ...:

@Wolves_Ay_We said in Jack Grealish now staying at Villa ...:

I personally still think he will go, Villa are just playing hard ball and holding out for more cash, his price has dropped slightly given the latest update, but £2.33 a share for someone who is a maybe to move from a non PB league is too high a price for me

I partly agree with you. It's a risk, no doubt.

But if he signs for Spurs, I'd expect his price to end up somewhere between his current price of £2.34 and around £3 over the course of the season.

Promising young English players are probably all over valued on this platform, so I would expect Grealish to be no different.

With Deli Alli at £3.97 and Eriksen at £4.12 as potential benchmarks of spurs midfielders, its an indication of where Grealishs price could go.

Plus, he has peaky blinders hair, so that's worth at least an entire week of treble media bonus.

Or as the wolves fans sang to him when we played them last season, 'you're just a shit Joey Essex'

• @Wolves_Ay_We

Hahaha, again, I partly agree.

But the question must be asked, is there such a thing as a 'good' Joey Essex ...

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.