I remember when....

• we used to pick who we thought would be 'TOP' dividend points scorer(s) on a crappy PB day like a Thursday or Friday night so with the start of the season just hours upon us... I'll kick us off who I think will top score in each position as Manchester United travel to Leicester City in the Premier League and more excitingly (for you Florian Thauvan holders like me) Marseille host Toulouse on the first PB day of the 2018/19 campaign!!!!

DEFENDER BUZZ... I impulsively brought Bouna Sarr off the back of a decent performance whilst watching BT Sports on a Thursday night last spring but soon made my ten pence and got rid... I wouldn't put it past him to kick me in the knackers and top score for the night as Marseille will see a lot of the ball against Toulouse but new boy Caleta-Car who they signed from RB Salzburg could be one to watch if selected... Whilst it wouldn't surprise me if Harry Maguire had a stormer for Leicester in a 0-0 draw at OT a safer bet might be Chris Smalling who should keep possession of the ball and earn himself a clean sheet in an otherwise mundane night for defenders where both home teams should enjoy routine wins.

MIDFIELD BUZZ... My man Thauvin is usually a shoe in for this as his point scoring last season was phenomenal but having only just returned to training he might not even start tomorrow night which leaves club captain Dimitri Payet as favourite to take the award from a French perspective although Luiz Gustavo is always game? For Manchester United new boy Fred (i'm hoping) will have an immediate impact whilst Juan Mata looks like value for money if a quick flip is your thing.

FORWARD BUZZ... Valerie Germain scored for OM in a 2-5 trouncing by Bournemouth last time out and as a deeper lying forward will probably see more of the ball than say Kevin Mitroglu who isn't always a certain starter. For United Alexis Sanchez will be looking to pull the strings and it is rumoured that Marcus Rashford will start? Don't forget Leicester and Jamie Vardy whilst Toulouse have Ola Toivonen although if any Toulouse player manages to win a PB i will eat my Football Index Drinks Coaster.

Let me know who you think will win Friday night's matchday buzz below...

DF:
    MF:
    FW:

• @dannypea

DF: Smalling
    MF: Payet
    FW: Sanchez

So thauvin should be the midfielder favourite but after being a massive disappointment to me last season im going payet. Smalling was half decent buzz wise last season so lets have him and sanchez to finally do something after a summer of mourinho whining at him

• @dannypea

DF: Sakai
    MF: Thauvin
    FW: Sanchez

• @TheSleepingGiant
    Sakai is a big shout. Instrumental for them.

Don't bet against Vardy for tonights forward pb

• @Lukeroro I think there’s a bit of doubt about vardy playing, he has had extended break, might not play full game if he plays at all

• Payet shout looking solid atm

• Payet, Germain & Shaw!!! Payet might be a good hold this year??

• @dannypea he takes pens thats always a good start

• Just 6 games tonight eligible for PB but double dividends being paid

DF: Ricardo Rodríguez (AC Milan)
    MF: Assier Illarramendi (Real Sociedad)
    FW: Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund)

• @TheSleepingGiant

DF Romagnoli
    MF Fornals
    FW Fekir if he starts if not Depay

• Rafael (Lyon)
    Witsel (BvB)
    Dzeko (Roma)

• Kolarov
    Witsel
    Dzeko

Dzeko was born for big matches.

• Kolarov
    Illarramendi
    Depay

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.