Benjamin mendy??

• Hi,
    Quite new to this but wondering why mendy’s price is still relatively low? Surely £2.50ish is a steal for a player of his quality, playing for the champions and they are short for back up in his department... delph and zinchenko the only possible replacements and neither even come close to mendys quality.
    Is his low price literally just because hes back from a bad injury?
    Cheers

• Returning from injury is certainly a factor. He’s still amongst the highest price defenders out there remember, and up about 50p in the last 10 days or so, suggesting that a lot of people agree with you. Can’t see many flipping as his PB potential is so good...He was one of my first buys and I won’t be selling anytime soon!

• £2.50 isn’t cheap for a defender!

Plus it’s important to ask whether he’ll outscore (in PB terms) City’s centre backs. Last season their centre backs generally scored better for PB than their wing backs.

• If you have seen him play in his prime and seen how good his passing and crossing are then he is still cheap, he’ll prove himself to be up there with the best in the world at left back/wing back this season.. unbelievable player

• Yes but remember that a top quality player on the pitch does not necessarily translate into a top quality pick for Football Index.

• @Bigfella

While i agree with you that Mendy will likely have a good season, the point made above by Ocs123 is crucial to understanding his 'true' FI value.

With Guardiolas philosophy, almost every Man City move starts with the central defenders. Last season, the full backs were not integral to their attacking play, and were often utilized as 'inverted wing backs' that flooded the centre of the pitch defensively in order to regain possession, and redistribute the ball to De Bruyne, Silva and Fernandinho.

Stones, otamendi, laporte. These are the high scorers for city, they play hundreds of passes per game, and score the occasional goal.

It's all about understanding how the managers tactics effect the player PB scores.

To illustrate my point, have a look at the average scores of the napoli full backs under Sarri, or the Inter full backs under Spalletti. Their PB averages were excellent.

• The index is a strange place though... i know dividends drive the market to some extent but the prices of some of these young kids show that now everybody just chases dividends... as much as i dont agree with the price of some kids on here, il on board anyway to make money on the crazy price rises.

• @Bigfella That's what I do.

• @Bigfella said in Benjamin mendy??:

The index is a strange place though... i know dividends drive the market to some extent but the prices of some of these young kids show that now everybody just chases dividends... as much as i dont agree with the price of some kids on here, il on board anyway to make money on the crazy price rises.

*NOT everybody

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.