Maguire - sell or keep?

• Hi. I’m new to this, only started trading last Fri. I have £500 invested and most of my players are showing a profit, I have a couple of players down but my one big one is Maguire. I bought 20 futures at £2.91 and now he is £2.51. Should I sell or keep as think he could get some PB and potentially move in Jan?

I would be interested in people’s thoughts?

• @NewUser164890 His price went up because the transfer window was open and he was linked with Manchester United. Manchester United players win more MB generally. Now the transfer window is shut and he is still with Leicester he is likely to get less MB, hence why his price has dropped. I would painfully cut my losses and sell to re-invest elsewhere personally, but that is your choice.

• @NewUser164890
    Welcome to the index! A main bit of advice is trying to understand why player values change (are they linked with a move etc) and where that price could be going. With that it’s a decision as to what you are buying for? An attempt at a quick flip, long term Pb, more mb? So ask yourself that. Is the reason you bought him still valid? If so then stay on him. If not then don’t. Personally I wouldn’t hold him as a Pb hold but if there’s potential to join united in January then might be worth holding. Question is, where would you put that money and can you make more money elsewhere? Sometimes worth taking a loss if you’ll make more profit somewhere else. Good luck 🙌

• From what I have read Uniteds board wouldn’t sanction any Maguire deal so I don’t think it will happen.

Might still be speculation though.

I would sell though and re-invest in someone else.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.