KDB

• So which Man City player will benefit most on the index with KDB out injured?

• Bernado Silva hopefully! Is anyone elses's instant sell disabled? watching my balance shrink by the second and theres nothing i can do!

• So many to pick from haha

• @Bigfella said in KDB:

So many to pick from haha

I thought about it but there are two many options, staying well clear

• @Gasdean

Yeah instant sell disabled for me too! Killing me. Hopefully will be like the injury he picked up against Palace last season that was predicted to be for months but ended up being a day. Where do we think his price will level out at?

• @Gasdean mine ok, often find it freezes on computer but App works

• Wee rant warning ...

Just because a player is injured, you don't have to instant sell. You have 3 years for the player to get back/surpass his pre injury price, which I guarantee you KDB will.

I can't believe folk are in such a hurry to throw away money.

For those instant selling ... do you realise that the money no longer stays in the index? It goes into FI's pockets. If you instant sell, you remove money from the platform, it no longer goes to other users (who would likely reinvest and potentially invest in one of the other players in your portfolio, therefore giving you a chance to recuperate your losses).

Just think about that before you bottle it and jump ship ...

• @johnboywalker all circumstantial mate, i bought De-Bruyne at £4.30 a month or so ago and still managed to IS at £5, if he drops to £4.30 again then back in i'll go, that's free money! All the while my Bernado Silvas are rocketing.

• You KDB boys took one hell of a beating. Glad i took Silva at 2.80. KDB will bounce back. He will be 8 quid by jan

• I'm holding unless he's revealed he's going to miss a large part of the season, the MB for the next few days will at least soften the blow somewhat.

• @Gasdean said in KDB:

@johnboywalker all circumstantial mate, i bought De-Bruyne at £4.30 a month or so ago and still managed to IS at £5, if he drops to £4.30 again then back in i'll go, that's free money! All the while my Bernado Silvas are rocketing.

Aye, free money to who? Adam Cole.

Short term thinking pal. You could have held tight, waited till £4.30, then topped up in the red.

I don't even have any shares in KDB.

We can continue this conversation in late January, when he's back and his price starts flying. I don't anticipate being wrong, but if I am, I'll happily apologise.

All the best mate.

• @johnboywalker I don't disagree with this. KDB will return higher however the opportunity cost of the money is high. Put it into a Pogba or Neymar and they will probably rise and return divs.

• @johnboywalker no doubt he will be much higher in Jan! Planning on buying in when he bottoms

• Ive just bought a few KDB. Been a good day 👍

• I hold a few KDB, happy days for me with all this selling as going to add with a bargain price for him at this rate! Don’t get the panic, FI is all about the long game? Picked up some bargains the minute England got knocked out of the World Cup too and England players prices plummeted! Think my new strategy is evolving on the back of panic selling!

• @johnboywalker I may be missing something but I think your wrong. When you IS Fi are effectively buying it from you rather than another person so there is more money in the market.....

• Mahrez will benefit, looks like he will play alongside Silva and get even more of the ball and leave the wide areas for Sterling & Sane (who will both benefit from more game time).
    KDB will bounce back, although I do understand folk ISing quickly, take a profit and continue to see the price drop as they predict and then are able to buy back in in a month or so at probably a lower price than their instant sell, in the meantime make the money work for them (that is what flipping is all about - speaking as a non flipper...)

• @Happy-Hornet spot on mate, can't understand why you'd want to sit on that dead money till he comes back

• Interesting as a newbie this!

Everyone should have spare cash sat ready with a back up player should a KDB incident occur again.

Those who knew straight away, sold and bought an alternative very quickly.

Those that couldn't sell (or didn't want to), should have immediately bought an alternative with the spare cash and taken advantage of an immediate price rise in other Man City players!

Roll on the next injury! 😀

UTG and Bobby Reid!

• @FI_John said in KDB:

@johnboywalker I may be missing something but I think your wrong. When you IS Fi are effectively buying it from you rather than another person so there is more money in the market.....

Ok ... quick hypothetical.

I decide to sell Isco, let's say you decide to buy isco.

Therefore you take my Isco futures. I take your money. FI takes 2% commission. Let's say you have £200 of Isco.

£4 goes to FI. £196 goes to me.

With the money you gave me, I decide to invest in Parejo. The money remains in the market.

Ok, now I decide to panic sell Isco. He is NOT being bought by another user. He is bought by the Football index.

Again, let's say you have £200 worth of Isco. Due to the spread, plus 2% commission, you end up with say £166 after instant sell.

Only the £166 remains in the market. The rest of the money has gone to FI.

Hopefully that makes sense ...