Potential breakouts for the season? (PL)

• I'm trying to find some undervalued potential breakout-players! Do you guys have any tips? The ones I have been looking at are:

Demarai Gray (1.99) - Young, british and technical. Seems like the perfect player to get hyped up.

Ben Chilwell (1.22) - Young and british. Looked good against United and should be a regular starter this season.

Cenk Tosun (1.64) - Will be essential for Everton and plays in a good team. Think he can score 15-20 goals.

Josh King (1.67) - Scored 16 goals during the 2016/17 campaign and is a class player when he plays at his best by my opinion.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson (0.81) - Really good value and easy to make a profit on him if he rises. Seems to be an important player (?) for Burnley and will hopefully play Europa League.

Kenedy (1.61) - Brazilian, techincal and a key player for Newcastle. Seems like a player the market would love?

Ben Davies (1.35) - Offensive fullback. Think he can become one of the leagues best by the end of the season. If Rose leaves, he would be great value.

Feel free to disagree with my choices or to add some! :)

• I've got Gray, Tosun and Kenedy and have seen good rises in them all over the past week. I would also add Neves onto that list as he takes penalties and set pieces for Wolves and I can see him getting a big move next summer. However, his price has shot up over the past week or so.

• Wilfried Ndidi (£1.30 ish) is already very decent for PB (max score 188 last season despite 0 goals) and is primed for a big season and a potential move to a big 6 club.

• I've been banging on about Demarai Gray for a while. Big year for him. And he's gone up 40/50p in the last week.

I like Gudmundsson but Burnley just aren't sexy enough (didn't get on BT Sport tonight because BT decided there wasn't enough interest! shocking decision) so unless he gets dividends I don't see his price rising. And Burnley don't get on tv so there's a lot of competition on Saturdays for dividends.

Tosun I totally agree with. Davies too.

Kenedy I don't rate really. And I don't see Chilwell's price rising or dividends coming from him.

King is a blinding shout but maybe even better off with Wilson.

• I'm banking on Bobby Reid getting a chance at Cardiff City.

Rave reviews last season from the wrong side of Bristol but earned his chance with 20 goals in the Championship!

It feels like I'm an ethical investor investing in arms and tobacco though! 😀

UTG!

• @bouchet said in Potential breakouts for the season? (PL):

I would also add Neves onto that list as he takes penalties and set pieces for Wolve

I really like Neves but he is quite expensive. Would have bought him If I started trading here earlier.

@Lukeroro
    Agree with Burnley not being so sexy. But they are going to play Europa League on thursdays and therefore play PL on Sundays right?

Wilson is interesting too. Maybe investing in both

• @KingZ Burnley have to beat Olympiakos over 2 legs first. I had Ashley Barnes because at 57p he was an absolute bargain. Held for a month or so and sold him today for 57 a share. Pumped all the money into Willian Jose because Sociedad have winable games next couples of Fridays and he just has to increase in value!

I think Wilson alone - with a touch of Defoe if Wilson gets injured again - will keep Bournemouth safe.
    At 1.21 I reckon he can hit 1.50/1.60 before Christmas but I'm not on him, don't have the money to spread too wide across a portfolio.

• @KingZ I got tosun at 82p and Kenedy at £1.16 I still think moron has potential still Faitout at 74p Srarfi 74p but I do think mboula will be a future star

• @KingZ
    Will they rise in price? Yes most probably. Should they? No not really, beacause they aren't great for pb. However sometimes you can make money regardless of dividend potential, whether it makes sense or not. I'm already on Chilwell from when he was below £1. He's already risen quite a bit lately. Gary could be a great hold and Kenedy did quite well for newcastle during his time there so wouldn't be surprised to see his price rise regardless.

• @KingZ Tyrone Mings 57p.

• Demari grey for me is going to have a break through season and be routed by the big clubs come the summer.
    Another one I've got my eye on is breel embolo schalke came 2nd in the bundesleague a very good all round team and have champions league this year. He was scouted by all the big clubs a few years back but decided to go there at 1.44 he's a bargain and again he's going to have a break through season.

• Saint/Maximin for me from Nice, looking for a nice rise from a talented youngster, think this will be the year for game time ..:

• How about Chalobah for Watford. I got him at £1.03. He’s only risen to £1.06 for now but hopefully can get a run of games and get back into the England squad.

• Chilwell looked good against united becuase he was up against Mata, who is a slow as a stoned elephant and waste of space Darmian.

• @HUFCPaul

Agreed - knee now recovered, Southgate sweet on him as keeping him involved in England squad over a summer, Watford to have a big season and cheap.. buy people know I am a Chalobah fan...

• The market has not missed him, but James Maddison still value I think. Be surprised if he stays at Leicester any longer than 2 seasons, before he joins one of the big PL teams for excess of £50 million. He is constantly looking to play in between the lines, is very skilful and will create and score goals. His game is ahead of similar English talents in Barkley, Loftus Cheek etc
    The Wolves striker Jimenez who is on loan looked lively and perfect for PL football against Everton, I think he could have a breakthrough season before a big money move, possibly in the summer.

• @NewUser164540 said in Potential breakouts for the season? (PL):

The market has not missed him, but James Maddison still value I think. Be surprised if he stays at Leicester any longer than 2 seasons, before he joins one of the big PL teams for excess of £50 million. He is constantly looking to play in between the lines, is very skilful and will create and score goals. His game is ahead of similar English talents in Barkley, Loftus Cheek etc
    The Wolves striker Jimenez who is on loan looked lively and perfect for PL football against Everton, I think he could have a breakthrough season before a big money move, possibly in the summer.

Couldn't agree more on Maddison. He's got an amazing set piece and is great with the ball so should register good pb's as well!!

• Declan Rice. I listen to an LFC podcast and before our game with West Ham, a hammers fan said he thinks Rice will be their player of the year this season in holding mid.

Happy to take the risk on his say so at £1.06

• @JC5 Rice will be if they play him. But they brought in a couple of DMCs over the summer. There's a reason Quina left and Reece Oxford has gone quiet.

• Jumped on to Andreas Pereira at £1.45 during pre season. Had an opportunity to jump on him at 92p which I'm now kicking myself that I didn't. Currently at £2.04, Pereira has been outstanding in the pre season and was one of the stand out players in Man Utd's first game against Leicester. Received high praise's from Jose Mourinho, Man Utd fans and will be more favored to start in the upcoming game weeks. If he performs like he did against Leicester in the next few games, I can see him being worth at the very least around the £2.50 mark in my opinion.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.