England squad

• @Irene-goodnight
    I think if he had gone in loan to a prem team would of had a good chance. I think Sancho will probably get the nod over Mount.

• @NewUser60527 Definitely agree with Shaw. Have been looking at Winks.

• @TommyT said in England squad:

@NewUser60527 Definitely agree with Shaw. Have been looking at Winks.

I got on winks 3 weeks ago i think already up 30p, things are moving fast.

• Completely forgot about barkley, he is one of my ‘growth players’, he is also rising steadily. He could easily get a call I think I recall Southgate suggesting that if barkley had been playing before the World Cup he would be in the squad, now it seems Sarri quite likes him.

• @NewUser60527 I've just used my remaining balance to purchase 38 Harry Winks

• @NewUser60527 Good shout. If he gets back to his best we will see significant growth.

• I would say Maddison is a cert to be called up if fit. I genuinely believe this lad can be one of the best English footballers in the last 25 years

• @TommyT Things don't look too strong for Rose, he might have already peaked I think, as a player. He always did have a mistake in him.

What happened to the Leon Bailey hype before the World Cup?

• @Lukeroro is Chalobah even fit? Either this season or ever? He's played 6 games since Watford signed him.

@Happy-Hornet I know this has been a bit of a running joke between us for some time now but is Chalobah seriously good enough to play for England?

• @Stevo Southgate seems to like him. Kept him in and around for training before the world cup. I don't hugely rate him but at 23 this should be a breakthrough year to see what he's all about.

• @Lukeroro I think its cos England have got such a massive lack of decent midfielders. Admittedly that makes no diff3rence in football index terms because if he does make the England squad his price will rise regardless of if he's actually crap.

• @NewUser164540 said in England squad:

I would say Maddison is a cert to be called up if fit. I genuinely believe this lad can be one of the best English footballers in the last 25 years

Agreed I think Maddison has the best chance of getting an England call up in the next 3-6 months. Starting at Leicester, will start to get a bit of hype around him. Not sure he will reach the level you say but I hope so :)

• @Stevo Think Delph will have a big role if he can stay fit.

• I’d say Gomez. Lovren out injured and Klavan on his way out. He started against West Ham so likely to continue. Klopp will give him a chance just needs to take it!

• @Stuart-H Cracking shout

• Players aside, when are the announcements expected?

• @Stevo

I do believe that with a run of games that Chalobah wil settle in the Watford midfield. He is assured on the ball, strong and actually quite experienced for a relatively young player.
    For me a better player than Loftus-Cheek-Cheek, more positive than Dier and Henderson and importantly Southgate does like him.
    Just needs to get and stay fit for a period...

• Just waiting on some funds to buy 40 Winks

• @Happy-Hornet What's your thoughts on Will Hughes? I bought in a few days ago as I think he's in a similar bracket to players mentioned here but a bit under the radar. England lack a bit of creativity and vision in midfield and I think Hughes has that. Played for Southgate in U21s too. Interested to hear a Watford fans perspective, I was reading some others reckon he might lose his place to Deulofeu?

• @Jazzman

Will Hughes has had a slow start but in the past 10/12 matches has been very impressive and is currently holding a shirt The issue for him is the adundance of top quality midfielders at Watford (that is why we will easily stay up). Chalobah, Dourcoure, Capoue, Deulofeu, Hughes, Cleverley, Quina (new whizz kid singing from West Ham), Pereyra & Sema .
    Hughes & Pereyra are the two that can play off a single front man and as we progress through the season with only the forwards there will be a space there.
    Saying that there is always 3/4 of these players injured... and as long as it is not Hughes he plays (unless he hits a poor run of form).

Funny thing is that Success, back to lack of forwards, and certainly behind Deeney and Gray is dirt cheap and has massive potential and is only one injury away from an extended run in the team and if it happens and he takes his chance then I can see a Richarlison type rise...

Right off to buy some Hughes... good spot and fill up with a bit more Success..

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.