Game Winning Goal

• Apologies if this has been asked before - I couldn't figure out how to search the forum? Is there an easy way to do this?

For the Game Winning Goal scoring, could someone please clarify - does this only apply when the team wins by a single goal (ie. 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 etc) or does it apply to scores of 3-1, 4-2, 4-0 etc and its calculated as the goal which gives the team the lead after they were level?

I initially thought it would be only for goals where the team won by a single goal as this would have huge importance but from yesterday, it seems to be the goal scored after the teams were level, no matter how many further goals are scored. It would seem strange to reward this so highly and makes it extremely difficult to predict.

If, for example, a team won 6-0, does the first goal count as the winning goal? Why not just reward all goals equally? Or reward them based on distance from the goal (inside/ outside the box) , header/ shot, tap in, free-kick etc.

• @metropolis
    I think (And i'm happy to be told i'm wrong on this one if someone understands it better), its the goal which gives them the win regardless of other goals. So if it was 1-0 then of course it would be the only goal. If it was 6-0, it would still be the first goal because had they not scored the rest, they still would've won. So for your example, 3-1 would be the goal that made it 2-1. 4-2 would be the goal that made it 3-2 and 4-0 would be the goal that gave them 1-0. They don't have to win by 1 goal, but it's the goal where, if no-one else scores, they'll still win. I think it can make it harder to predict but if we could all predict everything, we'd all be millionaires haha

• @FranklynMary thats spot on :)

• @FranklynMary Ok, thanks for confirming. Just seems like a strange system to me. If you take today for example, Jesus is almost level with Aguero on points purely because he scored the second goal and Huddersfield managed to score one, despite Aguero scoring a hat trick and having a far better game overall. This is before Aguero was substituted by the way.

• @metropolis
    Yep, that’s exactly it. 40 points for GWG.

• Im right in thinking that gets added in game not at the end now?

• @NewUser66152
    I think so, looks like it

• @NewUser66152 said in Game Winning Goal:

Im right in thinking that gets added in game not at the end now?

Yes, nearly all points are calculated in play now. Clean sheets are added at the end.

Worth noting that if a team wins 2-0 and the first goal is credited as an own goal then the player who scores the second gets the GWG

• @Pierrey2129

cheers nice to know

• @metropolis said in Game Winning Goal:

@FranklynMary Ok, thanks for confirming. Just seems like a strange system to me. If you take today for example, Jesus is almost level with Aguero on points purely because he scored the second goal and Huddersfield managed to score one, despite Aguero scoring a hat trick and having a far better game overall. This is before Aguero was substituted by the way.

I think they brought this in just to add an extra element of unpredictability to the PB and so we are not all buying up the highest goalscorers for each team,

For example, if the top goalscorers win every time, more people will own, and therefore its a bigger dividend payout for FI, it just adds to the long term sustainability of the platform

• @Pierrey2129 by jove i think youre right. Not picked up on that one before.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.