USMNT in 2026

• Looking forward to WC2026 (hosted by North America), it occurred to me that the United States have a generation of good talent coming through that will be in their absolute prime. Without even accounting for younger players that will break through in the next 8 years, they could line up with a really competitive team of 26-30yos if the following guys stay on the right developmental path.

GK: dos Santos
    DEF: Olosunde, Carter-Vickers, Miazga, Richards
    MID: Parks, McKennie, Saief
    FWD: Sargent, Pulisic, Weah

As a team playing on home soil, that lineup could be really impressive. I’ll be interested to see how they do and how it’s supplemented with other youngsters that make the grade.

• @playingcards1 I'd argue the same point...but with Mexico as the example.

• Not entirely team US based I do watch a bit of MLS (mainly because Sky & BT have lost everything else and for some unknown reason they have never opted to go for showing Brasileirao or Argentine Primera Division matches) I have always been impressed with Atlanta United's Josef Martinez who looks to be a class above anyone else in the MLS.

Of the current crop always liked John Brooks though and excited to see more of Weston McKennie and Christian Pulisic in the Bundeliga this season... Oh and my favourite 'EVER' American is KING Eric Lichaj after those two goals against Arsenal last season!!!!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.