Friday 24th August - IPO Preview

• @Noirx4 good stuff, decent enough base scores for Guendouzi against tough opposition but it underlines that without goals he ain't winning PB any time soon.

Wan-Bissaka is obviously in a more difficult situation with Palace probably winning and keeping clean sheets less etc.

However, we know that the Index isn't just about PB and logic flies out of the window time and time again so I still suspect they won't sit there untouched :-)

• Not looked at IPOs before and for some reason I can't get the table of tomorrow's IPOs in the blog section to fit my screen on my android phone, even in landscape mode I lose the price column onwards off the right side of my screen.

Anyway out of interest when are they launched? Is it all at midnight or each at different points during the day?

• @Legion I have to turn my phone side on to see the times so I usually stick to my laptop. They come on in batches during a 2 hour window mate. 5 @ 10-12, 4 @ 12-2 and 5 @ 3-5.

They "usually" appear within the first 20 mins of the window but I've seen a few times where they all come in during the last 5 mins which is annoying.

• @Agatello
    Cheers for that, I suspected the answer would lie further into the black hole that is the righthand side of my screen :D

Unfortunately I don't have a desktop or laptop, maybe I will have more joy booting up the old tablet in the bottom drawer...

• @Legion

Andriy Lunin Goalkeeper Real Madrid £0.70 10:00 – 12:00
    Colin Dagba Defender PSG £0.70 10:00 – 12:00
    Matteo Guendouzi Midfielder Arsenal £1.20 10:00 – 12:00
    Odsonne Edouard Forward Celtic £0.80 10:00 – 12:00
    Ryan Gauld Midfielder Sporting CP £0.60 10:00 – 12:00
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka Defender Crystal Palace £1.00 12:00 – 14:00
    Alphonso Davies Forward Vancouver Whitecaps FC £1.00 12:00 – 14:00
    Emile Smith-Rowe Midfielder Arsenal £0.80 12:00 – 14:00
    Gianluigi Buffon Goalkeeper PSG £1.00 12:00 – 14:00
    Aleix Garcia Midfielder Girona on loan from Manchester City £0.70 15:00 – 17:00
    David Hancko Defender Fiorentina £0.70 15:00 – 17:00
    Keanan Bennetts Forward Borussia Mönchengladbach £0.70 15:00 – 17:00
    Michael Cuisance Midfielder Borussia Mönchengladbach £0.80 15:00 – 17:00
    Musa Barrow Forward Atalanta £0.80 15:00 – 17:00
    Apologies for the crude formatting but there you go :-)

• @Agatello
    Much appreciated , you're a star :-)

• Forgive me for the stupid question, I’m new on here. When the IPO’s are released do you just buy futures in the normal way by searching for them by name or are they somewhere else first?

• @NewUser164890 Personally never tried, but I could not see any other way of doing it.

• @NewUser164890 The players drop into the squad section some time during their IPO window, usually the screen flashes green and then when you search for them they will come up.

However as mentioned above, IPOs are quite crazy, I often find my computer freezes and I have to watch as the player flies above their IPO price before I can even locate them let alone buy them.

So, friendly words of advice;

1. Have a maximum price you're willing to pay
    2. Stick to the maximum price you're willing to pay :-D
    3. If you can then buy maximum (100) - in the time it takes to type in 10 etc. the price will have jumped more.
    4. Assuming following rule 3, make sure you have more than enough to buy the player, ie. if you have £100 and hit buy max, if the player goes to £1.01 whilst it's processing you'll obviously get the warning that you have insufficient balance and lose even more time going back and typing 90 etc.
    5. Be aware you can not instant sell an IPO for several days
    6. Many IPOs drop once the IS becomes available so it's often possible to pick up a long-term hold at a much lower price after a few days.

Good luck!

• @AT10 Thanks for the device, very helpful

• Another good review. I’d love a few Davies but after my last couple tries and an even bigger user base, I’m almost certain he’ll be £2+ before I even get close! With that says hopefully he’ll drop a bit and I can get a few cheaper. I doubt it though. Surprised at the prices of some of them too!

• @FranklynMary Do you mean Tom Davies?

• @HappyLarry59855 Alphonso Davies maybe?!!

• Have to admit that fact that the arsenal lad that’s just IPO’D has went to 2.30 oddalready is mental 😂

• It is ridiculous, he is a good player but no way he wins any dividends and he isn't even a guaranteed starter.

• @Chris95
    As I said yesterday it's the first time I have looked at IPOs and tried, as I'm sure everyone has before to come up with a strategy but failed miserably lol 😀

I do have a question related to this burning away as a result but Agatello specifically stated in the OP not to turn the thread into a moanfest after the event so out of respect I will save it just in case it encourages people to go in that direction.

Thanks again @Agatello for all your help yesterday, as Vinnie would say, "It's bin emotional." 😄

• New to the ipo, this is the first ones since I've joined I think. I kept refreshing it for the Celtic player today, it didn't come up for ages and finally when it did around 10:30 it was up to £1:25 from 80p already! I hope it doesn't happen like that later because there was a player I wanted to go for but I fear it will. I'm thinking I might be better off waiting for the price to settle before investing. And advice is appreciated

• @NewUser165544
    Don’t get me wrong I defo see the value in Odsonne Edouard because even as a Celtic fan I can see much more potential in him than dembele, but the arsenal one just isn’t right 😂😂

• @NewUser159470 If you haven't got a "bidding bot" you are wasting your time trying for the IPO price; I refreshed him as soon as he appeared & he was over £1.20 (impossible for human bidding) but on the brightside he is still a bargain @ 1.30 so I am happy enough with the price.

• @Chris95 said in Friday 24th August - IPO Preview:

Have to admit that fact that the arsenal lad that’s just IPO’D has went to 2.30 oddalready is mental 😂

2.52 now, over 20p more than Kante....starts every week, new manger, tactics. What on do people expect.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.