Valuing players (looking for tips)

• How do you value a player? I am getting confused and can't make a judgement on if a player is undervalued.

I'm still fairly new to the index (been doing it for three weeks) and have understand that PB and MB plays a big part in a players price. But how do I put a value on these players?

And what about those players who will have a very small chance of winning any dividens? On what basis should I value them.

Very thankful for any tips!

• @KingZ said in Valuing players (looking for tips):

How do you value a player? I am getting confused and can't make a judgement on if a player is undervalued.

I'm still fairly new to the index (been doing it for three weeks) and have understand that PB and MB plays a big part in a players price. But how do I put a value on these players?

And what about those players who will have a very small chance of winning any dividens? On what basis should I value them.

Very thankful for any tips!

Personally I look for a dividend yield of 10pc for safe players and 20pc for risky. By risky, not just talking old also players at risk of a negative change in circumstances. So pogba has to be seen as high risk due to the fact a move to man utd would be very bad. But he should return 20pc so thats ok.

For younger players, normally you are projecting what they will return in the future.

Players unlikely to ever return decent dividends are basically worthless. This doesnt mean they are bad buys as you may well sell for a profit but have to be seen as a gamble as you are banking on people paying more than you for a pretty much worthless asset.

• @mike778 said in Valuing players (looking for tips):

Personally I look for a dividend yield of 10pc for safe players and 20pc for risky. By risky, not just talking old also players at risk of a negative change in circumstances. So pogba has to be seen as high risk due to the fact a move to man utd would be very bad. But he should return 20pc so thats ok.

Over what period of time? A month?

• @KingZ said in Valuing players (looking for tips):

@mike778 said in Valuing players (looking for tips):

Over what period of time? A month?

A year ....

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.