Ox Chamberlain

• He is trading at 1.64. His year high was 1.82. Think 1.82 will be toppled upon this return?

Think it would be a good long term investment? Or hold off for a bit?

• When back he’ll rise, but I can see a further dip first given that he’s out until May.

• It will be 2 years ( from his injury) maybe before he is playing properly at 100%.

All of his knee ligaments were damaged, let alone physicality, mentally this is hard to recover from.

I would not touch him with a barge pole.

I doubt he will play for England again and there will be so much competition with all these young kids coming through like Mount,CHO,Foden, Maddison.

• @NewUser60527 said in Ox Chamberlain:

It will be 2 years ( from his injury) maybe before he is playing properly at 100%.

All of his knee ligaments were damaged, let alone physicality, mentally this is hard to recover from.

I would not touch him with a barge pole.

I doubt he will play for England again and there will be so much competition with all these young kids coming through like Mount,CHO,Foden, Maddison.

I knew it was a bad injury but having no medical knowledge I didn't realise how bad it was.What area of physio do you work in,knee specific or general physio/rehab?

• Not a physio bit I am a PT.

You can look at examples through history of players who don’t even fully recover and are not as good as they once were or take a long time to recover from severe knee injuries or leg breaks.

One example that springs to mind is Ramsey it took him a couple of years to get back to his best.

Valencia also, currently Luke shaw (injured 2 years ago). In the news today Micheal Owen said he couldn’t play properly after numerous injuries and he was young.

Everybody has there own opinion of course, but having an ‘idea’ about serious injuries and the reports from Liverpool that the ALL the ligaments in Ox’s injury were damaged is not a good sign.

So your talking about investing actual money in a player who has had a serious injury, no thanks, just my opinion.

Ox is not even a decent player in FI terms anyway.

• Evening gents, I don't disagree with any comments so far injury wise but the way things tend to work on the index is that when a player gets injured they take a huge drop and then slowly rise. I topped up on the Ox when the extent of his injury was announced at £1.31, hes shown a steady growth since, I appreciate there are more efficient ways to spend my money but sometimes guaranteed hands off growth is the way to go. I would say he will continue to rise steadily until his return barring further bad news. If people were gonna sell him they would have by now. Just my two penneth.

• @Martino said in Ox Chamberlain:

Evening gents, I don't disagree with any comments so far injury wise but the way things tend to work on the index is that when a player gets injured they take a huge drop and then slowly rise. I topped up on the Ox when the extent of his injury was announced at £1.31, hes shown a steady growth since, I appreciate there are more efficient ways to spend my money but sometimes guaranteed hands off growth is the way to go. I would say he will continue to rise steadily until his return barring further bad news. If people were gonna sell him they would have by now. Just my two penneth.

Yeah I often jump on injured players for this reason ... I swerved this one as the diagnosis sounded pretty horrific - all the ligaments knackered and tendon to the hamstring damaged as well.

Having said that buying and letting him drift upwards is still probably a sound strategy. I'd probably look to get off before he got back on the pitch though as no guarantees he will be the same.

My favourite is the 4 month injury. Nasty enough to see a significant price drop but don't have to wait forever

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.