The future of trading

• In recent weeks as FI has started to boom, there has been a clear shift in the way people are investing. There appears to be far more peaks and troughs directly related to PB scores.

Do you see this short term strategy being the future of FI as it continues to expand? Or do you see this as an opportunity to invest into some longer holding players who have been hit with some heavy drops?

• I personally look for value in short, medium and long term based on a players potential to increase in price within those timeframes.

Media and PB just merge into that and I don’t go chasing them.

I think basing a strategy around dividends can lead to bad investments, far better to accumulate them naturally.

I would be interested to see how a media/pb strategy compares to a strategy that dosnt prioritise it and wether there is a significant ROI increase between the two.

• I would add it’s important to understand how strategy’s based around dividends work so you can understand why a players share price changes

• Could it just be a response to advertising?
    There is an influx of new money from people not familiar with the format, I know when I started I followed the ‘form.’ Picking up the wrong players at the wrong time based on performances and familiarity, my original portfolio would have looked a bit like the Leicester starting line up!
    There could be a lot of fantasy football picking going on?

• @JRMtrader said in The future of trading:

In recent weeks as FI has started to boom, there has been a clear shift in the way people are investing. There appears to be far more peaks and troughs directly related to PB scores.

Do you see this short term strategy being the future of FI as it continues to expand? Or do you see this as an opportunity to invest into some longer holding players who have been hit with some heavy drops?

Not sure how long you have been on the index but its always been like this. Probably more so in the past.

• @mike778 said in The future of trading:

@JRMtrader said in The future of trading:

In recent weeks as FI has started to boom, there has been a clear shift in the way people are investing. There appears to be far more peaks and troughs directly related to PB scores.

Not sure how long you have been on the index but its always been like this. Probably more so in the past.

The pattern's only been negated by the constant stream of money coming in from bonuses and new players.
    Someone on @The-FIG Pod put it perfectly (if a little scarily) as a bucket analogy. I can't quite remember who it was, or which pod episode it was, but basically when the money stops we have to learn how to ride the volatility or there'll be much less profit in it for us.

• @CleanShirtTrader hey there mate, I think it's this episode!

https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/45

• @The-FIG Nah, that was the most recent one (top episode by the way, nice work buddy).
    It was pre-world cup i think. Can't remember the guys name unfortunately, or the specifics around the analogy, but it definitely made me realise I'll probably have to switch from laissez-faire to more active trading at some point.

• @CleanShirtTrader Appreciate that mate!

Yeh note sure which one it is!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.