Yaya Toure

• With all the hype around him lately I bought masses of Yaya. He still hasn’t moved but it seems to have gone quiet and the shares have plummeted after I could’ve dumped them for a profit a couple of days ago. Hold or cut losses? Thoughts?

• How many did you buy? If he goes to Olymoiakos I think his shares might plummet further. How much are you down?

• Pennies in the share currently, it’s just that if he does get a PL move he is going to skyrocket, right?

• Apparently it's a London club but not Palace or West Ham. His agent has been fucking around.

• @Lukeroro yeah but all the signs are it’s olympiakos. I was holding before thinking if it was a London club he would skyrocket but I’m not so sure now. Hold my nerve?

• @NewUser36672
    Oh I'd jump ship aha. No chance of an MB and looking to go somewhere without PB at his age?
    But I assume it's only taking so long just to see if he can get a prem club so fingers crossed for ya!!

• And by "ya" I mean "you", not "Yaya"!

• @NewUser36672 said in Yaya Toure:

With all the hype around him lately I bought masses of Yaya. He still hasn’t moved but it seems to have gone quiet and the shares have plummeted after I could’ve dumped them for a profit a couple of days ago. Hold or cut losses? Thoughts?

Mate. Cut your losses immediately. He’s a terrible buy for so many reasons.

That hype is meaningless. He’s a 35yo midfielder who is miles away from the Top 200 and will never win you PB, whether at Crystal Palace or Olympiakos. He’s worthless. Sell at whatever price you can get, and put it down to learning and a lucky escape.

• so you can lose money on index go figure

• Do not buy any player over the age of 34 that's my rules

• I wasn’t intending to hold him long. It was when it seemed he was going to a London club and I figured he would jump up and I could make a quick buck. Have put them up to market now. Annoying.

• @NewUser36672 Up to you but I can't see why anyone would be buying them off you anytime soon - if it was me I'd take the extra 2p hit on IS and get that money somewhere where it will make you profit!

• @BL__FI they did sell eventually albeit at a big loss. I’ve lost my way lately after a good start. Without disclosing my balance, my big holds currently are (approx)
    Cristiano R - 15%
    Lucas Torreira - 15%
    Harry Kane - 13%
    Luciano Vietto - 9%
    Nemanja Redonjic - 9%
    Messi - 6%
    Sofiane Alakouche (recent IPO) - 6%
    Granit Xhaka - 4%
    Isaac Success - 4%

Any thoughts on potential changes? The only significant changes are Torreira who has raised 6.8% since I bought him and Redonjic who has gone down 4% but I think is underpriced. Success has gone up 32% but sadly I think that ship has sailed and I didn’t take full advantage! Probably only boosted my overall balance by 1% ish haha.

• With both Ronaldo and Messi being in there 30's it might be wise to add Pogba and Neymar for some of the ronaldo

• @Fletch yeah I probably won’t hold ronaldo for long but with juve drawing United, I figured now was a perfect time to invest in him. When they’ve played their games I imagine I’ll get pogba and/or Neymar in instead. Make sense to you?

• @NewUser36672 I don't really like to advise on which individuals to buy but the general point I'd make is always try to have reasoning when you buy into a player and a strategy for when you might want to sell. Seems like you've got the hang of that as your point about Ronaldo being drawn with Man U is a great example and sounds like smart trading to me, although I don't hold him myself. Once you know why you think someone is worth buying and how long you intend to hold them it takes a lot of the stress out of it as you're not constantly thinking about clicking the sell button. Then just stick to your plan unless something important and unforeseen happens (serious injury, continuous lack of form and dropped from team, etc.).

Once we get to the knockout rounds of the EL and CL it gets pretty spicy though, lots of peaks and troughs. Up to you whether you want to try and get in and out of positions then or just hold through the ups and downs!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.