Marko Arnautovic

• Upcoming MB winner? If West Ham start firing under Pellegrini I think potential PB and MB. West Ham are get a fair share of televised games that aren't played on Saturdays.
    If not I can see the vultures circling re a January move. Just in the top 200 and I can see him staying there.

Haven't touched him but could be a banker.. thoughts?

• Banker....? As fantasy football goes he's the only West Ham player I would touch but as Football Index goes I wouldn't touch him for the following reasons...

a) MB... he won't win it...
    b) PB... looking at his latest fixtures (Everton away, Chelsea, Man Utd, Brighton, Spurs) he'll do well to win that too...
    c) ROI... Due to the nature of his 'form' over the last 5 years (he seems to have good spells then goes missing for months) at 1.91 I think he's risky and could go either way +0.50 or -0.50 and with the sides current position, upcoming fixtures and status my guessing would be the latter is more realistic...
    d) PERFORMANCE... When purchasing players there's one major assessment I make before buying and that is.. "Is he playing well".. If he is you have more chance of growth in value, if not you have more chance of a drop in value.. At the minute I don't think Arnautovic is playing well enough to convince me to buy...
    e) AGE... the second thing I look at when buying is his age... Born post 1990 puts me off (there are exceptional circumstances like Ronaldo & Messi) for the simple reason the players best days are most likely behind them....
    f) SELL ON... another thing I look for is "do i see the player getting a move to a bigger/better club?" and whilst selling in January might be a possibility I wouldn't start looking at this as an option until at the earliest November as the market is not open and because of the fixtures again I feel his price might go down lower??? IF his price drops by 0.50 and rumours are that he might get a move coming up then I may consider, but that 'IF' is a good 2/3 months off happening for me so I see no reason to invest in him just yet!

So the only thing I see going for him over the next 1/2 months is an improvement in form leading to an upward surge in value... I'm just not that convinced that West Ham or Arnautovic are going to improve anytime soon!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.