Seriously people ???

• Frenkie de Jong started rising rapidly, so everyone immediately sells for a few quid, this has happened a few times now, sometimes i understand why... Yaya Toure for example, but a great player that's going to probably play in a world class team in January or next season... THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND :(((

• Been promoted via email by FI .... frankly its a bit naughty from them. Can take advantage if you see the email quickly and buy before the sheep jump on. I'm far too slow for that so keep away.

• @mike778 said in Seriously people ???:

Been promoted via email by FI .... frankly its a bit naughty from them. Can take advantage if you see the email quickly and buy before the sheep jump on. I'm far too slow for that so keep away.

Have to agree with that - they're the provider of the market place where we trade - appreciate they have an interest in seeing us turnover players (afterall, they have to make money from this too - right?) but they shouldn't be actively promoting certain players. Mind you, folk shouldn't be daft enough to jump on the emails either...

• @Jason-W

Why a problem? Don't Sky use transfer speculation on Sky Sports yet they also own (well owned, not sure if they still do) SkyBet

• @mike778 agree. Wished they would send an email out about a player I own. Easy way to make a few quid if you worked for FI though, buy player, send email promoting player, sell player. ;-)

• @NewUser148487 said in Seriously people ???:

@Jason-W

Why a problem? Don't Sky use transfer speculation on Sky Sports yet they also own (well owned, not sure if they still do) SkyBet

That's similar but I wouldn't say it's a direct comparison - they're different companies for starters albeit owned by the same people. A direct comparison would be the London stock exchange promoting a company to attract buys - just wouldn't happen.

Personal opinion is they should stick to improving the platform, leave the flipping to us

I hope though that FI are making good money though because it means our investments are in safe hands.

• It’s a bullshit promotion too.

Yes, he’s a good young player, but he plays in a non PB league and there’s no guarantee he join a PB league club in January or even next Summer, so at £2+ he’s hardly a bargain as FI have implied.

• @Jason-W I'd argue that neither's the LSE a direct comparison. As much as you say investment, it's a bet.

But as they say with investing still applies to betting, only spend what you can afford to lose

• @ocs123 but it's my personal perspective of how good he is, I believe he will be in a big club, obviously he could flop in a big team but that's a completely new post :))

• FI's behaviour like this is morally disconcerting. Not a good sign.

• @78pJesus why are you disliking my post yet don't bother to give a reason ???

• @Mwerdna Everyone has their own strategy for how to make money on FI. Lots of people obviously see more opportunity to make bigger profits by selling immediately when a player seems to be at the top of a quick rise (like de Jong yesterday) and putting the money into someone else they think will rise soon, rather than waiting 3 months, 9 months or longer to see how high they go. Especially when they only have a few European games to win any dividends in the meantime. Of course, holding long term is also a perfectly viable strategy and obviously what you prefer. In my opinion, you'll have more success on FI if you can manage to get your head around both ways of thinking. What's certain is that complaining about it here or anywhere else for that matter, or trying to tell people what they should do, won't do you any good. :)

• @BL__FI I wasn't saying quick profit is wrong, I have done it exactly the same on a few occasions actually :)) I was talking about De Jong in particular, and there was no huge fall after the rapid rise, he fell a little, then rose again, and now he's floating around 2.46 -2.50 so I'm guessing most people know he's going places :)) thanks for your opinion mate, it's always nice to hear from other people's opinions :))

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.