Harry Winks - Steal of a price

• Can anyone understand why Harry Winks is only £2.15? I understand he's been injured long term but he's expected back in the next few weeks and with Wanyama injured long term and Dembele fairly out of form he should walk straight back into contention and will be a vital player for Spurs. He's young and English for a start, expect him to be £2.50 within a few weeks of returning to action and up past £3 in the weeks following if Spurs' brilliant early form continues. Expect him to even get a couple of PB's or Media bonuses if he earns an England call up next time round (which he will).

He won't be this cheap for long.

• Will he play?

• Well you certainly seem convinced; he's gone up 60p in the last few weeks on the anticipation of some performances, so I hope he can get some regular starts & show what he's capable of which may justify some further price rise. As for PB/MB wins well that really would be an added bonus.

• Dembele is £1 less than him.

Unlikely to challenge for PB when he’ll be up against Alli, Eriksen, Moyes, etc.

Probably overpriced already.

• @Happy-Hornet played a lot last year and this was with Wanyama, Dier and Dembele fully fit. He's English and young and Poch loves him. Also in the media today after signing a major contract with Adidas. Expect him to rise a lot when he returns to action.

• Winks is not even in starting XI and even if he was I doubt he will be good for PB. I'm a Spurs fan too. Dier is one to base this on - again young and English, but rubbish for PB and hence he's like 85p!

• Agree. I’ve got him at 1.83 :)

• Winks has been very unlucky with injuries. It will be interesting to see how he comes back, I think people remember the game when he played against Madrid and bossed the game at 20 years old or something.

He is a young player who can develop his game I dont see why he cant be as good as erikson when he matures his game and adds a few goals to it, he has definatley got a bit of skill and vision about him.

He only played 9 prem games last year. He could be really good with a proper run of games, its a pity he couldnt get fit for these England fixtures but I think he will be in the next squad for sure.

• @NewUser60527 Maybe, but then look at Wilshere doing well at 18 against Barcelona, and now he's at West Ham.

• Doubt he will ever score a goal. He is playing defensive midfield...

• @HappyLarry59855 said in Harry Winks - Steal of a price:

@NewUser60527 Maybe, but then look at Wilshere doing well at 18 against Barcelona, and now he's at West Ham.

To be fair Wilshire is/was just one big injury disaster, if he wasn’t he could have been one of the best English players ever.

I remember watching him going down on the floor every 5 minutes it seems holding his leg or ankle.

• @KingZ said in Harry Winks - Steal of a price:

Doubt he will ever score a goal. He is playing defensive midfield...

It’s not like he is 25/26 with his position set in stone, when you look at Winks stats he hasn’t played that many first team games to find out how good he can be, that’s why I said he could develop his game into some goals.

• I watched him the other night and he ran past 2/3 players and I thought "wow, quick, glides, ability" then he ran out of ideas after running down a closed route and gave the ball away....

Reminds me a bit of Jack Wilshere but probably not as good at that age... I'm still yet to be convinced and wonder where his MB, PB and growth in value comes from other than sheer hype from those that buy into his potential??

• @NewUser99665 Dier is one to base this on - again young and English, but rubbish... you could have left it there!! 😂

• Winks should be 1.60 ish

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.