Kevin de bruyne

• What's going on with him, dropping like mad. Can't find anything about injuries?

• Profit taking by people who suspect he's too high, nothing goes up in a straight line.

There are people that bought him incredibly cheap and have probably hit their profit targets selling portions.

• He has been the second price for a few days though. Could understand if he had gone up today.

This game is fun but very strange at times haha

• Over the short term the money is quite fickle in the FI, but over the long term if you've bought quality in most cases they do pretty nicely.

• Been buying at every price drop. Great investment

• Hi guys,

Without trawling through lots of posts from months ago, this is the closest thread I can find about odd short term price drops.

I am new to this and today I purchased Harry Kane and Luis Suarez, both scored and performed well however both ended the day down on what I paid for them.

My question is does the performance matter far less than the amount of times they are sold by other traders?

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated

• Prices tend to sell off after a player has played in the short term and the buyers come in again ahead of the game. There's lots of short term punting going which as I said is 'fickle money' which then quickly moves on to another player tomorrow and the next day. Unless your time horizon is also short term I wouldn't worry about it.

• @NewUser90318

Price isn't determined by performance, only by the amount of buyers vs sellers.

The performance dividend is however 'incentive' to buy...

• @The-Chartist said in Kevin de bruyne:

Prices tend to sell off after a player has played in the short term and the buyers come in again ahead of the game. There's lots of short term punting going which as I said is 'fickle money' which then quickly moves on to another player tomorrow and the next day. Unless your time horizon is also short term I wouldn't worry about it.

It boggles my mind how people accept the commission costs (not to mention the spread if instant selling) in the aim of speculative PB.
    I'm hoping that as soon as PB opens up in November, this'll calm down and be less volatile.

• @CleanShirtTrader

I also could not get my head around this. I saw people buying 100 Harry Kane after scoring twice, only for his price to rise around 4 pence a share.

after commission and instant sell prices it would have given them a loss!!

I also saw lots of movement on Vardy when he won the penalty only for him to drop 8pence when he missed it!!!!!!

• @NewUser90318 The sellers won't have bought at the day's starting price. As soon as it was clear he wouldn't win PB, existing owners would have sold.
    Not that I agree with this approach.
    As long as FI manage the World Cup properly, Kane will absolutely rocket up. Same with all other high profile English players like Alli, Stones and Rashford.

• I think also that Kane, Suarez, Lukaku etc. are playing great but not getting close to winning player buzz - so the hard reality is that they're not currently the best players to buy

• @pwp23 I agree, I thought suarez was an absolute steal at £2.03 but doesn't tend to go up too much, sold him a few days back and just took the profit.

• Need to bear in mind there is an international break coming up at which point PB-only players like De Bruyne will drop and may not recover again before penny stocks come in as people may want to "see what happens"

Quite a few PB players have dropped in last 24 hours so it might be people trying to beat the international break drops.

• @CleanShirtTrader said in Kevin de bruyne:

@The-Chartist said in Kevin de bruyne:

Prices tend to sell off after a player has played in the short term and the buyers come in again ahead of the game. There's lots of short term punting going which as I said is 'fickle money' which then quickly moves on to another player tomorrow and the next day. Unless your time horizon is also short term I wouldn't worry about it.

It boggles my mind how people accept the commission costs (not to mention the spread if instant selling) in the aim of speculative PB.
    I'm hoping that as soon as PB opens up in November, this'll calm down and be less volatile.

I don't think its people going for the actual dividend element of the PB, its people hoping for a price rise as a result of a PB. It not worth taking the commission and spread costs to try and claim a 6p dividend but it is if the player rises 20p as a result of winning a PB.

• @mike778

What is the general consensus of what may happen when the penny stocks come in?

• @NewUser90318

I agree that short term trading in most cases on here is utter madness imvho, especially with regard to chasing PB. Short term trading based on transfer speculation and media buzz in the summer however can be quite lucrative if done correctly. With that said I still believe in the power of timed entries combined with buy and hold until a price target as my preferred method, I'm not so interested in dividends as they are too hard to actually win and the vast majority of my gains are from capital increases.

Harry Kane long term is a great investment and I think his current value is fair. I'd be more bullish on him if they were still at White Hart Lane though as he seems to struggle a little at Wembley, but seems certain to continue scoring, even if it is with the odd scuffed shot..

• @NewUser90318 said in Kevin de bruyne:

@mike778

What is the general consensus of what may happen when the penny stocks come in?

There is none - everyone is guessing.

I reckon the early winners will rocket (15p dividend will do that) but a lot of players will crash badly. I would recommend though people with a lot of PB players are aware of the international break. It does seem the obvious time for people to take money out of PB players ready to re-invest I penny stocks.

Holding any defender is a huge risk I personally wouldn't take.

• @mike778

Interesting to get your opinion, do we have a solid date for when the penny stocks come in.

As I have not been on here long my portfolio is not huge and I think I may wait until after it comes in to invest much more.

• My biggest fear is that penny stocks will dilute the market too much and that there isn't enough liquidity to open the market up to more than 200 players.

Dilution would lead to lower prices across the board