David De Gea

• Just looking at De Gea £1.03 compared to Allison and Ederson surely under valued possible the worlds best goalkeeper 28 years old just wondered what everybody`s opinion was particularly as Leno is rising.

• Forget about goalkeepers!

• What about Leno then ?? Up over 30% in 24 hours and that French goalkeeper was unbelievable last night I cant believe he wont rise

• Spot the cheap premier league keeper....

Man City - Ederson - £1.18

Arsenal - Bernd Lenno - £1.03

Man Utd - David de Gea - £1.05

Spurs - Hugo Lloris - £0.70

Liverpool - Alisson - £2.80

Everton - Jordan Pickford - £1.21

Chelsea - Kepa Arrizabalaga - £0.86

Think there is a clear winner for value there...although none of them (apart from Alisson) are going to get any dividends in the near future.

• I think they are all fantastic value I had Alisson made some profit on him and then sold as I was looking at the price of other keepers ! You also have that new French keeper Areola in the mix at £0.95 I honestly believe they will all rise but I am new so perhaps just naive. , however I will continue to buy them and see what happens !

• Allison had all the right circumstances to get in the top 200 and gain MB, worlds most expensive goalkeeper, Liverpool’s goalkeeping woes ect ect, he will gain.

A one off.

• @NewUser172727 said in David De Gea:

I think they are all fantastic value I had Alisson made some profit on him and then sold as I was looking at the price of other keepers ! You also have that new French keeper Areola in the mix at £0.95 I honestly believe they will all rise but I am new so perhaps just naive. , however I will continue to buy them and see what happens !

A future is a bet that a player will win dividends. Nothing more , there is no physical asset its just a bet. These players will probably with the exception of allison not win a single dividend.

They are all therefore basically worthless ... I dont know how anyone can they are are fantastic value.

Now they may end up making money. There is nothing wrong with buying something worth 5p for 50p if there is a mug who will buy it off you for 90p. The arsenal keeper is a good example of that. But its laughable to say they are fantastic value. They arent.

• Unless they change the PB payouts from best defender including keeper, to GK,DF,MID,F then a GK is unlikely to win PB and rarely are GKs in the press unless its a big transfer. Best to stay away.

• @NewUser172727

I understand that in any real or fantasy football land they may seem good value but for arguments sake lets just say that you hold all the keepers for the next 3 years - What do you think your dividend return would be? On all previous evidence it would be less than 1%!

Therefore we can conclude that currently the only people buying goalkeepers are very new users (because they look cheap) and the odd trader in the hope that the parameters change to make goalkeepers more viable (unlikely as it would upset the current balance that people have purchased at).

So your only hope of making money is that people keep buying an asset that will return basically nothing unless people keep paying more for a worthless asset!

Once the platform goes to order books and traders become savvy and experienced you will see most goalkeepers return to near there IPO price unless FI changes the scoring which is highly unlikely.

Alisson is a one off for reasons another trader has stated and will have to do clanger after clanger to pick up any media buzz.

Focus on all the other players I understand it is harder to find obviously good value players and that is because the majority of traders understand who is and is not value but profits are out there.

• I brought into De Gea on a rumour that Goalkeepers were getting their own PB category and have stuck with ever since on the basis that Premier League experts are often stating 'he's the best in the world'... so the inevitable eventual move to Real Madrid should in theory have seen his price rocket!!!!

So following that investment he had the worst possible World Cup with the worst record of all goalkeepers in the competition with the Spanish media calling for his head and that move to Madrid because of it never materialized...

Now De Gea 8/9 months on has earned me 0.04p per share!!!!

So i wouldn't personally recommend him!!!

When it comes to goalkeepers Alisson has defied the odds... He's actually gone crazy price (just like in real life) and because he broke the top 200 he gets media buzz because of it, which is De Gea's problem because if he was £2+ the last year he would have had a lot of MB attention (but then again so too would Loris Karius last May)...

But generally they aren't worth their weight although that's not to say you cannot profit from them... In July i purchased Kepa at 0.50 knowing that despite him signing a contract in Jan Real Madrid were still looking and he's considered the best young Spanish goalkeeper around... a couple of weeks later Chelsea pay a substantial fee for him and his price rockets to over £1.50 prompting me to sell!!! Now I don't think you'll get that all the time but any hot young goalies with big transfer potential when the time is right might perhaps be worth considering!!!

• Adam Cole and co must love goalies ...

He is basically selling virtually worthless assets and people are buying them and selling them to each other with commission going to him. Its free money for him as he's not paying out dividends.

With the exception of Allison of course.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.