sergej milinković-savić paulinho(leverkusen)

• Would be really interested to hear any opinions on sms arguably the most complete midfielder around and possibly the closest to breaking into the elite tier of players if age,price tag and on field ability are considered . Hard to find many comparables except the obvious pogba in terms of play style but then pogba is from France and has pl history plus such a strong brand for mb. sms doesn't a theory is that if he was Brazilian he would already be double the price. over the 3 year holding period if you were to factor in the anticipated growth in f.i he could conceivably hit or even pass the 15.00 mark from where he currently sits that's a considerable roi from just 1 player in a portfolio I'm personally struggling to find a better r/r. His price has dropped recently is this based around him potentially signing a new contract?

Does anybody know when Paulinho (leverkusen) will be Introduced?

• I think it is worth looking at what the FI stars have in common before finding the next one:

Neymar
    Messi
    Ronaldo
    Salah

Goals Goals and more Goals but not a traditional number 9, they touch the ball plenty and pick up points via fouls, assists and plenty of passes/crosses.

Pogba is just a media buzz machine based upon being at Man U, wanting transfers and loves being in the media.

SMS does not look like a replacement for any of them so although being a good player and a decent PB player I cannot see him becoming the next big thing

• I bought him @370 as a long term hold, currently@ 395, as I agree his potential is immense, just needs to start producing consistently & his price will rise. Wouldn't worry too much about any new contract because if one of the big boys comes calling it will just ensure they have to pay the full asking price.

• @NewUser159387 - I'm a big fan of SMS - great ability and will definitely improve in the next season or two... (Yes, i am a holder).

But I couldn't agree more with @Fletch - and instead of pinning my hopes on pure ability, I've looked at the next potential stars who will rack up the points (hopefully).

Personally, i put a greater level of investment into the future; in Vinicius Jnr, Rodrygo, Mbappe (yes - he's already good - i noticed that), Isco, Alphonso Davies, Timothy Weah, Lucas Paqueta etc.

With the way that the market is going - and the focus that FIFA/Footy Manager get - these younger 'stars' get a lot of focus and hype...

Just need to patient now...

• Never heard of the guy...

• @Fletch Imo Salah only fits into that category based on his price will be interesting to see if he can do anything like last season again I think he will get left behind by the others he already is if anybody can break into the goals category it's likely mbappe guebbels vincious etc. pogba is maybe the 4th in that fi elite list but he doesn't score alot of goals he's there based on skill and technical ability. Sms scored alot last year something like 14 in serie a from midfield not easy thats more than plenty of good strikers in Italy and hes ridiculously skilful for a guy 6 4 odd. If pogba leaves hes gta be top of Mourinho's list and he should take the prem by storm maybe even leaving Kdb in his wake scary potential. Looking through the index at players of similar price bracket not many have as much upside potential maybe ascensio? many are settled at there clubs so wont get transfer news boosts either theres a good chance he could well be the next major transfer saga. It may sound like I have bias towards the player and although I do hold a decent amount he is just 1 of a diversified portfolio.

• I understand your reasoning but FI works slightly different to real football - To get to £10 + he would need to be scoring in excess of 25 goals a season whilst also dominating passes, assists and winning lots of free kicks - KDB is as high a price as he has ever been and is under £6 because no matter that he is probably the best player in the premier league (injury withstanding) his style of play does not win regular PB.

The others you mention are years away from being ready with the exception of Mbappe but unfortunately for him he competes with Neymar who will more often than not outscore him until one of them moves.

Salah could reduce in price if he fails to replicate last season's heroics but I think he will still score over 25 goals in the Liverpool team and in addition get plenty of media attention.

Pogba's value in FI has nothing to do with his on pitch performances (probably a £3 player) but all down to his Media numbers which are a league of his own!

There is currently probably only room for 1 top dog in each country:

Spain - Messi
    Italy - Ronaldo
    France - Neymar
    Germany - ?
    UK - Pogba

Maybe we should all be looking out for a £10 player in Germany

• @Fletch said in sergej milinković-savić paulinho(leverkusen):

Like your reasoning; the question is who???? Bailey, Werner, Pulisic, JRod

• @Fletch 100% right except your point needs extending slightly, the guys you mentioned win MB for their goals- I personally wouldn't pay £10 a share for someone who is only a PB prospect as on a standard week they only have 1-2 chances of returning money whereas MB is every day.

• @Fletch said in sergej milinković-savić paulinho(leverkusen):

I understand your reasoning but FI works slightly different to real football - To get to £10 + he would need to be scoring in excess of 25 goals a season whilst also dominating passes, assists and winning lots of free kicks - KDB is as high a price as he has ever been and is under £6 because no matter that he is probably the best player in the premier league (injury withstanding) his style of play does not win regular PB.

The others you mention are years away from being ready with the exception of Mbappe but unfortunately for him he competes with Neymar who will more often than not outscore him until one of them moves.

Salah could reduce in price if he fails to replicate last season's heroics but I think he will still score over 25 goals in the Liverpool team and in addition get plenty of media attention.

Pogba's value in FI has nothing to do with his on pitch performances (probably a £3 player) but all down to his Media numbers which are a league of his own!

There is currently probably only room for 1 top dog in each country:

Spain - Messi
    Italy - Ronaldo
    France - Neymar
    Germany - ?
    UK - Pogba

Media is generally dominated by UK players as its British media. Messi and Ronaldo are an exception because they have been the two world superstars for 10 years. Naymar is the perfect storm of one-word name, PR egotistical freak, style of play that hogs PB points.

There's no reason for there to be a £10 player in Germany. Italy has a £10 player because Ronnie transferred there , not because each league had to have one.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.