Media buzz

• Why is Neymar getting the point but firmino isn't getting any when the headline clearly says both there names ... Is it just FI being lazy?

• @D.R.Allenballs Because it doesn't say 'Roberto Firmino,' the article needs to have their full name as it appears on FI. This is why single name players have an advantage.

• @AT10 That's absolutely shocking though. How can you take this platform seriously if they don't address a simple issue like this! Really needs to be looked at more than anything else I think

• @PaulR or you could just buy some Alisson. Agree a bit silly but not the biggest issue.

• @PaulR Number 1 reason for Salah's growth in value is because it was changed to recognise 'Mo Salah' making him MB gold. When it only recognised 'Mohamed' he rarely picked up MB despite his great start to the EPL.

I try not to worry about how FI should be in a perfect world and play it as it is.

That said if you drop CS an email to recognise just the single name Firmino it's possible it would happen. But imagine the chaos if they recognised single names for everyone, people are complaining on here every other day because of Fred and Marcelo.

• @PaulR said in Media buzz:

@AT10 That's absolutely shocking though. How can you take this platform seriously if they don't address a simple issue like this! Really needs to be looked at more than anything else I think

All of this is built into the players price - there is a reason Naymar is £13.50. If they changed the rules, it would massively devalue players like him and Allison which would cause them serious problems. There are loads of quirks about media - the United thing, names like Victor and so on.

The more intelligent thing to do is learn how the system works and its quirks and profit from them instead of trying to change it. Its like PB, you have to buy player that fit PB scoring rather than who you think should be good.

• Alisson name is Alisson Becker. If it's an article on a player it should be up no matter what ... A lot a people refer to firmino as Bobby firmino. It needs to be fixed people are plowing thousands into this and we all might as well just buy Paul pogba because media can spell his name.

• @D.R.Allenballs Couldn't agree more. If the platform expects people to invest thousands then it should work out the quirks

• If you have done your research correctly you should know how everything works in advance of investing significant amounts and therefore would purchase players on how FI works not how you want it to work. Players existing values are based upon how the system works if you changed it you would destroy the value people have built up.

• The headline from the Grauniad, well the one credited to Neymar has it spelt as Firmiho (although reading the article it has it spelt correctly)

• @Fletch said in Media buzz:

If you have done your research correctly you should know how everything works in advance of investing significant amounts and therefore would purchase players on how FI works not how you want it to work. Players existing values are based upon how the system works if you changed it you would destroy the value people have built up.

This.

People need to engage brains. We are here to make money that's more important than a 'fair system', the more quirks the better because it means if you know about them you can make money over people who don't.

• @Fletch I didn't say I didn't understand it, I do. But that doesn't mean it isn't a shoddy job. If you're trying to grow a professional business and earn people trust you need to get things right.

I'd be surprised if things like this didn't put investors off

• Agree that it's better in this case to just play by the rules and profit from them than moan about changing them to what you would prefer and massively disrupt market value. Also it's not really FI's fault that Neymar's name is Neymar.

• @Indexical - On the back of his shirt it says Neymar Junior?

• @TheSleepingGiant
    Fair enough. Don't think he'd get much MB if he needed that on headlines though !

• I suppose what is consistent is that they get MB for the name on their FI profile

• @Indexical Vinicius Junior?

I saw a headline with just Vinicius a little while back and he didn't get credit. Just the way FI list the two players unfortunately even though both are Jr's!!!

I own both players, you just gotta play the system people!

• @TheSleepingGiant
    Well yes I agree. The more research you do on working out how the system works the more you can profit , which seems fair enough.

• If they sorted the quirks out. You would get more growth with other players at a cheaper future price than £10-13 pound and yes some players could loses value but the money's never really yours till you sell the player anyway and if your a good investor you'll know when to sell and buy

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.