Next Growth Surge

• Just been thinking about where the next surge in player prices will come from and concluded the following:

There should be a substantial amount of new traders joining the platform in the next 3 months due to advertising, Ireland etc.

In a perfect world they would all want to hold plenty of the stars Ronaldo, Messi, Pogba and Neymar but may well feel restricted by the prices and will want to have several players to feel more involved (we have all been there) therefore they may well look at the £2.00 to £3.50 range to pick up household names and promising players that are just within the top 200.

I am not saying this is the correct thing to do just trying to imagine what hundreds (hopefully 1000's) of new traders will do.

In anticipation of this I must admit to increasing my holding in several (quality) players in this price range.

Thoughts please

• Yes I have, Rashford and Martial stand out to me, under £4 now seems like a good price for young Man U strikers, I dont care if they are not playing now, they will eventually and get headlines, score important goals in big matches at some point and then the price will go up.

• i am looking forward to the next surge. the key is to get on it early before others do. i geared up my portfolio for the world cup 3 months prior and benefited from it. likewise the current triple media opportunity, and the pre-season surge in PB players.
    So looking forward i foresee the next surge in:

1. players in teams that progress far in europe due to extra games to score buzz
    2. lower end household names - as new players enter and cant afford the players over £6
    3. PB players - as the triple media draws to a close people will trade out of media magnets

So looking at players who satisfy that criteria.......................Suarez, Costa, Benzema. Appreciate they are at a certain age, but I am looking at mid term / 6 months trades.

thoughts?

• Well yes this is the big question- where will new money go?! Personally I don't see much reason why new users , who happen to live in Ireland , won't buy much the same players as old users - we are watching the same football afterall. I see your point on the expensive players but they are only 'expensive' compared to the past. They may well be 'cheap' viewed from a perspective of in a years time. So I'm guessing price rises across the board in line with general trends. I don't see why new users would buy, say, Costa , if existing users aren't. But as you say let's see. Looking forward to it :)

• I completely agree with the fact that new users are going to look for gems in that £2.00 to £3.50 range with the potential to increase quickly. I have just invested in Richarlison for this exact reason. His price has dipped slightly due to a red card but he has huge potential and is only very young, he has also recently been called up to the Brazil squad for the first time. I think this season he will do big things, he has a good manager and better squad of players around him this season, when i see players like Fekir and Sterling at £4+ i see nothing but Richarlison been currently underpriced..

• @NewUser50555 said in Next Growth Surge:

I completely agree with the fact that new users are going to look for gems in that £2.00 to £3.50 range with the potential to increase quickly. I have just invested in Richarlison for this exact reason. His price has dipped slightly due to a red card but he has huge potential and is only very young, he has also recently been called up to the Brazil squad for the first time. I think this season he will do big things, he has a good manager and better squad of players around him this season, when i see players like Fekir and Sterling at £4+ i see nothing but Richarlison been currently underpriced..

Last 12 months dividends
    Richarliason - 2 pence
    Fekir - 80 pence
    Sterling - 36 pence

Obviously what happens in the future is what matters not what happened yesterday and the move to Everton helps a bit but they aren't a top 6 club and he looks pretty overpriced to me. Certainly the gap between him and Fekir should be much bigger than it is. Even when scoring goals, he hasn't been scoring particularly highly which is a pretty bad sign.

• It's not a fair comparison when you consider he was playing for Watford and had completed a full season in Brazil a few weeks before going straight into his first premier league season with a club who's aim is survival. I think he will be a real star of the premier league this season and if he manages to get 15-20 goals I'm certain the top 6 will start to have a close look... Of course this is only my opinion but it's the reason I've invested...

• 42p rise on Richarlison in the last 7 days!

• @NewUser50555

Scoring a brace for Brazil & subsequently being 2nd currently on MB always helps :)

Marco Silva clearly rates & believes in him so I expect big things this season, if he can control his temper!