Welbeck or Vardy (After Kane and Rashford).

• When looking in the bargain basement both Vardy and Welbeck look good value.

Surely they both have a few good games left in them and when you can buy almost 9 for one Kane will return a better price increase and dividend if they score a brace or hat trick. Admittedly not long hold but there's got to be value in this this season. Thoughts.

• @NewUser140034 Vardy too old and don't see any dividends. If Welbeck stays injury free there's potential.

• Interested to see what team Arsenal put out in the Europa league. Could be really good for players on fringes of the team in the league

• I bought into Welbeck a while ago, albeit on a small scale. I was anticipating him rising either by moving or a couple of goals from the bench. I'd like to see him move to a smaller club to be honest for game time. Think he could rise much quicker and put in some half decent PB scores. The jury's still out though. Doesn't seem to be much noise from him. Out of the two, I would still go for him over Vardy though.

• @NewUser140034 said in Welbeck or Vardy (After Kane and Rashford).:

When looking in the bargain basement both Vardy and Welbeck look good value.

Surely they both have a few good games left in them and when you can buy almost 9 for one Kane will return a better price increase and dividend if they score a brace or hat trick. Admittedly not long hold but there's got to be value in this this season. Thoughts.

Dividends since last August
    Kane - 242p
    Vardy - 2p
    Wellbeck - diddly squat

Its the whole banking on dumb traders thing really. Logically speaking there is no value whatsoever in either of them - like most players unlikely to win dividends they are grossly over-priced. Past results no guarantee of future and so on but whilst you can buy 9 Vardy for 1 Kane, the numbers suggest that 1 Kane is worth 120 Vardy and infinite number of Wellbecks.

Like you say though, the market is so inefficient that if Vardy does score a few goals then he may well jump in price.

• I imagine a few people will be buying Welbeck next week in anticipation of Emery playing a ''B'' side in the EL, I think we'll see the typical yo-yo as people chase triple PBs on Thursday nights then cash in either during the game / next day.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.