Beginner

• Just signed up today. Is there any advice you would give a novice?? How/where to research, what to look out for, what to avoid, best time to buy/sell players, short or long term profit, best way to invest etc.

Any advice would be grateful.

• @NewUser180033 have a look into data products. I offer one for £1/2 a month depending on basic or premium. See youtube video below. Over 200 happy customer's

https://youtu.be/q2b2r7VjChQ

Email noirx4@hotmail.com for info and free sample of last years data

• @NewUser180033 also just published a video around selling to help out new starters

https://youtu.be/0hFdUqMgNUw

• to keep it simple... just watch football... if there's a player you like, you rate and you think has a big future in the game then invest.... spread your risk and don't panic... took most of us a month or two months before we started profiting properly so don't be afraid to make mistakes and just invest what you can afford to lose.

The longer you are here the better you'll get!!!

• @dannypea said in Beginner:

to keep it simple... just watch football... if there's a player you like, you rate and you think has a big future in the game then invest.... spread your risk and don't panic... took most of us a month or two months before we started profiting properly so don't be afraid to make mistakes and just invest what you can afford to lose.

The longer you are here the better you'll get!!!

I think that's keeping it too simple, as one of the most important things to learn early on when using FI is that just because someone is a good footballer, it doesn't necessarily make them a good FI hold.

The FAQ posted above is a good starting point, as is the YouTube Beginners' Guide by Football Index Guide. Make sure you learn the rules and follow the market for a bit before you spend too much money @NewUser180033!

• @BL__FI why not believe in the players you like & rate???

We can also over complicate matters because there are plenty of bad or average footballers that make you money but I would say the simple ethos for any new starter is to buy players they like the look of.

If we want to get strategical I would say buy anyone you like with the exception of goalkeepers and any player nearing retirement? I don't see need to over-complicate things further at the beginners stage because without making mistakes they won't learn!!

• @dannypea Then maybe we just approach the topic differently. I would have thought the point of a discussion like this would be to help the newbie avoid mistakes that we might have made when starting out, such as buying players just because we like them, without fully understanding where value on FI comes from.

• dannypea and BL_FI I think that you both raise relevant points and your discussion is making interesting reading for a newbie like myself...good stuff ta.

• @Weedster no worries pal

as mentioned above two very different approaches... you can either be very thorough with your due-diligence and impose a strategy from the off that is based on achieving results or you can just have a play around and get used to the system before throwing too much money at it... I chose the latter when I joined as I didn't really know the system so my point is.. Don't be afraid to make mistakes...

No strategy is wrong in my opinion but as long as you start making money then you can start tweaking ways of improving your returns ongoing... But as mentioned, I would always recommend buying players that you believe in because what is more fun then spotting a talent, being right about them and making money on top!!!