Slow and steady

• Hi traders,

First time I’ve posted on this forum.

Having started trading just before the World Cup with £100 deposit, today I’ve just ticked over to an overall value (futures + cash value) of £120 after commission.

Nowhere near as impressive as some people’s portfolio but I’m pretty pleased with myself

Anyone else on here start with a fairly low cash deposit initially like me and where are you up to now?

Happy trading!

• @NewUser151685 Started on Tuesday with £500 and then topped it up again on Friday another £500. Currently sitting at £1100 - Not as low as £100 but still low in comparison to some of the big hitters I have seen.

• 20% ROI is far from slow and steady mate- nice work :)

• More like small but progressive 💪🏻

• You’d get 0.5% return on your money if it was in a bank. So not shabby at all.

• Good work! I think its good to start small while you learn the ins and outs of the platform and get a feel for what affects a players value.

I started with 20 quid in March this year. Each pay day I'd stick around 50 quid in after I saw decent rises. Stuck a couple of hundred it for the August deposit bonus and another 100 in on Friday.

I now have a portfolio of 21 players with around 4 big hitters, some mid range players and a number of younger players (most with pb potential).

So far I've invested a total of 540 and current value is currently 770 which I'm very happy with. Not made any withdrawals. I love the Index and will be trying to scale up when I've got the spare cash to do so.

• @Valhalla said in Slow and steady:

You’d get 0.5% return on your money if it was in a bank. So not shabby at all.

Bear in mind that's over a year too- this was in around 5 months. So you'd have earned less than 0.25%...

• @CleanShirtTrader Quite right. Ppl don’t quite realise how the 15%-20% annual return you get on FI blows away anything else can get out there. But then it is a higher risk investment;)

• @NewUser151685 i started with just £500 last year but have thrown in several thousand since. My portfolio is currently £38,000 and over 50% of that has come from football index

• Shortly after my initial post I invested a further £50 and earlier today (largely with thanks to Paul Pogba!) my portfolio value has passed the £200 mark.

I’ve done this with holding no more than 5 futures in any player (my modest cash value makes buying any more than that and maintaining a decent level of diversity difficult) and just over 6% of the total value has come from dividends.

30% growth ain’t too shabby at all. How are you’re more modest portfolios doing?

• @Noirx4 I want to know how this guy is doing? 😉

• @Noirx4 so from last year £500 to 38k portfolio hmmm what’s the secret mate

• @Rick no secret. shortly after your first month. Go balls deep into FI and Noirx4 got his rewards.

• @Rick he’s invested 18k and made 18k over about a year. Doubled his money but Noir knows his figures better than anyone.

• @Murph nice murph 💪🏻

• So latest stats. Stuck another few grand in at start of october

0_1546382804251_20190101_224529.jpg .

• @Noirx4 Nice. ive been on here two weeks and 100 quid up. Still playing round with strategies.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.