High prices and Risk Assessment !!

• Hey Guys

I'm sure this has been brought up in previous threads but how high can prices go....

Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba and Neymar are all close to £15 and by the end of Jan one of them will probably be at £20 !?!?!

• would higher prices put you off investing more into your portfolio?
    • does the current spread put you off instant-selling?
    • is buying players for MB dividends a better strategy than buying players for PB dividends?

Cheers

AndyP

• @AndyP32 Think FI have the right idea of buy fractions of players, would work better than another split.

So I could buy £5 of Pogba and if Pogba goes up so does my £5 investment. Right now some people may feel priced out the top end of the market.

Instant Sell isn't a problem for me as I rarely use it.

MB dividends are easier to predict so them players are priced higher a new PB heros could be found and you could get in cheap.

• I like the ideas of buying fractions which works well in stocks & shares and allows 'everyone' to have a slice all be it a lower amount but which would in theory drive the value up further!!!

At current rates I would suggest £20 is realistic by the end of the season... I do feel it 'has' to slow down during the summer so wonder if £25 would be the cap come this time next year??? I hope not!!!!

The new higher prices do put me off investing (I tend to look for value in players) but now I hold several of the big hitters I suppose I don't need to target them as much (although in theory I would like to top up more on some).. I think the spread can be off putting though and right now I feel there is more value (for my portfolio) putting into £1-2 futures then there is at the top end!

When it comes to MB/PB I would ALWAYS say MB as statistically the market is dominated by a small percentage of players so if you hold any of the top ten you should in theory 'guarantee' at least 2/3 payouts per week. You can't always say that with PB although I get that PB dividends can be more fun and rewarding!!

• @dannypea Watching the PB is real fun. I've got quite a few players so most days I have some players in the race, so when one of them gets a couple a goals or is having a great game in general. I find my self watching the PB ladder, thinking go on one more goal and you will top this. Pretty fun like have a "normal" bet, but if mine doesn't win I dont lose everything.

• @dannypea said in High prices and Risk Assessment !!:

I like the ideas of buying fractions which works well in stocks & shares and allows 'everyone' to have a slice all be it a lower amount but which would in theory drive the value up further!!!

It may or may not happen. It was mentioned at the meetup they are looking into it.

• @Ollie I like the idea though and gives 'everyone' the chance to have a slice of Messi and co which can only be a good thing for everyone as the top players prices will rise, we'll all get a bit of it and folk will keep investing in FI!!!

Certainly 'fun' Misto, but 'fun' doesn't always 'guarantee' returns!!!

• @Misto said in High prices and Risk Assessment !!:

@AndyP32 Think FI have the right idea of buy fractions of players, would work better than another split.

So I could buy £5 of Pogba and if Pogba goes up so does my £5 investment. Right now some people may feel priced out the top end of the market.

Instant Sell isn't a problem for me as I rarely use it.

MB dividends are easier to predict so them players are priced higher a new PB heros could be found and you could get in cheap.

Completely disagree. This would only benefit the users who already hold futures at the expense of new users. If you share split, everyone wins.

If Neymar is £25, or £30 even and a new user invests only to check his PB return the next day and see 5p, they will be more likely to pull their money instantly and FI possibly forced to backtrack and untangle the mess they've made. Fine for people who bought in at £5 and see him at £30, but can't see the benefit to new users and the last thing we want is a surge of new users coming and leaving.

A share split allows access to the top players for new users whilst retaining the value we have. It's a natural cycle and Neymar at £4 with say 2p dividends sounds much better than £25 for 8p.

We need to think about the future of the platform and how it will appear to new users, rather than our own agendas sometimes.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 Your maths doesn't work. If they split the shares and the dividends. A £25 player with 8p would be a 1.28p dividend at £4. Also its the same difference. If I purchase £4 worth of the £25 player in fractions with a 8p dividend win and he wins a dividend I get paid the 1.28p anyway.

They way FI have proposed would let new players buy in at what ever they want. So say £1 in Neymar. If they only wanted to play with £10 a week they could.

Thoughs? Or am I missing the your point?

• What was said was that they are looking into users buying sums of players as in £1000 worth instead of x number of futures, so then the question was asked, does that mean fractions and the answer was yes, but probably only in the context of buying set amounts? They said they can answer questions on the twitter account. I am not a Twitter user so could someone ask the questions and report back?

• I think they should just let things be. If people want to buy messi at £15 plus a share that’s up to them to weigh up the pros and cons. Let’s just say messi is worth £22 when he hangs up his boots and lets just say he started at a pound. That’s 200,000 shares in messi being sold off and dumped on the other players on the site, provided people don’t withdraw.
    We just need to be on the “other” players when that happens! And that goes for any new player, if you can’t afford the current invest in the future!
    Most people buy not for dividends but for price rises any way that is where the real money is to be had on this site

• When Messi and Ronaldo announce there retirement those thousands of shares will not be worth much!