21p investments

• What's the score with the 21p investments? I've noticed that a few a week appear to double in price before dropping back down. I was looking last night and one of the ones I looked at was Amro Tarek because he was one of the few that had a club stated. Today he is up to 45p. So why is this happening?

Do you guys think it's worth buying a bunch and holding it until it rises then selling? Wouldn't lose anything at 21p and I can just wait on it.

• Its a trap mate. Some people are buying enough shares in the very lower end players such as players worth 20p, then people see them trending at close to 100% profit and dont want to miss out and jump on. Guy who creates the initial spark in price cashes in on his relatively low investment while the gullible folk who jump on the bandwagon get burned. Be careful of this sort of thing

• This post is deleted!

• @JoJo I figured it must have been someone trying to do that. I don't have the money to do that, but what I am saying is, has anyone had experience getting in there before someone drives the price up and then riding the wave created by the person trying to drive the price up?

• @LarryDuffman said in 21p investments:

@JoJo I figured it must have been someone trying to do that. I don't have the money to do that, but what I am saying is, has anyone had experience getting in there before someone drives the price up and then riding the wave created by the person trying to drive the price up?

Flaw in the logic

Getting in there ahead of the pump/dump gang drives the price up so they won't choose that player

You're welcome ;-)

• Do-able in theory, but you’d have to buy 50 or so shares in a lot of cheap players and then wait it out.

If you buy anywhere near 100 it will push the price up.

• @Dave-C As the person below said, I wouldn't buy near 100 because I wouldn't want the price to increase, I'm not working on a big budget so 50 or so would be what I would go for and that could still double if it gets picked up by the pump/ dump, right?

• In theory, yes, you could double your money on that particular player. But you’d need to spread your cash across a lot of players and there would be no way of knowing when or even if a pump and dump was going to happen.

• Lot of hard work and guessing to win a couple of quid!

• @LarryDuffman I was online at the time, some guy call ''6pck'' I think? Bought possibly 2000 shares, no idea what he knows!?! The strange thing was that during his run another user ''Big Ian'' managed to buy100 at 26p and then sell seconds later at 39p, so how did he know ''6pck'' was about to buy thousands of this guy - something very very suspect....

• @Fletch said in 21p investments:

Lot of hard work and guessing to win a couple of quid!

Agree

But I started with £20 and plays like that are legit with a small budget although perhaps not very wise

Btw a while back I bought into a 21p GK called Ivan Arboleda after reading a +ve scout report which said he'd soon replace Ospina in the Colombia team and get a move to Europe

I got bored of waiting and sold up but the potential is obvious yes... :-)

[Not a dump and dump just for lolz]

• @Dave-C

With a smaller portfolio and less cash even more reason to do research and not just hope for a 21p player to rise!

• @Fletch said in 21p investments:

@Dave-C

With a smaller portfolio and less cash even more reason to do research and not just hope for a 21p player to rise!

Totally agree, mate

When I started on FI back in November with £20 I spent days scrolling through the top player stats on WhoScored, Googling transfer spec on the obscure ones, then checking prices on FI. It was a grind but the point was to look for value

At that time I'd never heard of PB or MB. When traders start out IMO that's not important. Small stakes plus proper research. Learn the fundamentals. Ignore the BS and bear traps

• You see the same names over and over so it's not as random as it might appear. People are drawn to names they recognise so it will often be done on players that have some recognition, possibly from the WC or listed as being at a PB team (Echiejile for instance). Don't see the flaw in the logic of buying 100, so what if the price goes up 1p... Your risk is still based on the number of people in front of you in the queue and your potential reward is the based on the number of people who at any one time join the queue behind you. So if you buy 100 and push him to 22p your max loss is £2 plus 40p ish in commission

Seems people have caught on now as there's bloody loads that have risen to 24p+