Reinvest

• Hi all,
    Market moved so quickly and I'm not sure where is it going... What will happens till Xmas, Pogba reach 20£ and others 15£+,players at 3,4£ reach 10£ or what!
    I invested 2800£ in FI and I can say one thing - I'm not happy person anymore!! !! I can't understand why I didn't balanced my portfolio and instead put all money in cheap, young , weak players who raised max 25p or stay on the same level in 4 months!!
    I'm not sure HOW this happened(because when I looked on my spreadsheet first name on it is Pogba :( and research forum and checked my topic looks like I knew about PB/MB players for this season-worked with Norix spreadsheets so picked up TAA, Ramos, Ramsey Cancelo, Pogba, Auba, Hazard, Tripper, Banega, Parejo and few more... ) but asking my self every day what have you done!!
    I'm on holy now and I can't logging but I'll sell almost 80% from my portfolio on Sunday evening(3000£) and I'll reinvest but I'm not sure where and don't wanna make again similar
    mistake so I'm asking you guys for help because looks like I don't have clue about index and rules!!I'll be much appreciated guys, thnx

• @Mundek only thing I can say is pay attention to your %age rises in players, admittedly Pogba is flying but £2 and £3 rises to a £10 player is the same as 20p and 30p rises to a £1 player.

• @Weedster yes agree mate,
    ... but what was better 4 moths ago dude 100x 6£ or 10 x 100share 50p÷1p?? Where is Pogba and his friends from top 10 and my portfolio?!and we can forgot about over 1£ on share for dividend...

• @Mundek I've seen a lot of people complaining about similar things recently. If you buy young potential, you can't expect them to grow massively 4-5 weeks into the season. The growth will more likely be gradual over the 3 years. Nothing wrong with that and the reduced risk involved makes young potential talent much safer in many ways. Look at the volatility in the top players. They can lose 20-30% value overnight, or more if they transfer.

Are you able to continue investing regularly? If so, why not buy the established players this month, next month and gradually build them into your portfolio?

The worse feeling is to lose patience with a player, and then see him turn in a solid season and transfer links in the summer,and then fly next season or next. Ask yourself where you see those players in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 season.

Buy young players for 3 years, medium players for growth and the top players for dividends.

Patience is the most essential thing you can have on FI.

• @Mundek i would diversifiy. Lets say 30% MB players (Like Pogba,.....) and 30% PB players (like Messi) and the rest in rising stars like Mbappe, Asensio

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 totally agree, there's great fun(and value) in investing in young players, but you still need to watch your dividends roll in in order to not get disheartened, balance and diversity seems to be the key for the average investor and only the risk takers, big hitters(with bots!!) that play the short game. I've not been on long(less than a month) but am taking the long term strategy with at least 30% of my portfolio be it right or wrong.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 yes you can expect even more that 2,3£ in months...
    Mount, Madisson (Gray just 30p-him over 3£), Brozovic (not young), TAA, Pepe, de Jong, Mitrovic, Neves, Thauvin....and more but of course not from my portfolio :(
    I know what mean mate but my problem was, is the balance in my portfolio... I can't wait now 3years and keep fingers crossed for them when market is flying!! After 2-3yeras they will double (wow) or triple (maybe yes maybe not) where others will be far far away!! Anyway when they will start raising you have planty time to buy them so what's the point keep them for so long /you just freeze the money, that's it! And we are not sure if FI will be still exist? 🤔 So long term hold doesn't make sense for me at all (wow after 4monts I realised that this strategy is not for me at all).

• @Weedster who's to say you can't have both? Hermoso - best Def last night 83p. Mattielo - missed out on best Def at the weekend by 1 point 48p.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 i know what you're saying and in my experience so far the pb dividends seem to be hard to predict. All I'm saying is that my top 10 tracker is responsible for 90% of dividends received so far, from a total portfolio of 40 players. It's an even split between mb and pb so far.

• I joined in the middle of April this year, and so far I've deposited £1400. If I sold my entire portfolio to market it'd return £2047, so a return of 46%. There will be better out there I'm sure, but I'm really happy with how I've done in just under 6 months (obviously there has been huge growth in this time as well). I've got my growth focusing on the cheaper players. For me, I don't have the cash to buy significant futures in the top end players, where the spread (and therefore risk) is much higher, so I've focused on the other end of the scale and had a lot of success buying low and selling higher. For example, I spent £87 buying 100 futures in Aissa Mandi and he's now £1.45. What I'll do soon is 'take the profit', so for example, sell 60 of those at £1.45, which is my initial £87 back (less 2%). I'll keep the remaining 40 in Mandi as 'risk free' and hope they pick up future dividends and keep rising and then invest that £87 elsewhere and do the same.

For me it's all about the % rise in a player and given my budget, it's much easier to have a large portfolio of players near the bottom end. For all the (justified) talk about Pogba's rise, there are lower value players who have also seen big rises - I've had a 50% rise in Lookman, 150% rise in Waldemar Anton, 100% rise in Ginter etc etc. The risk with these players is considerably lower too.

Just my advice and a bit about the approach that I've taken, but each to their own and good luck to you.

• @Mundek use the data mate. Watch my videos noirx4 on youtube and if you are still stuck ping me an email and i will try and help you out :)

• @Yellow

Very sound strategy but you can have a bit of both as % rise is the key not how many futures you own (40% rise in Pogba over 2 months is the same if you own 1 or 1000).

I have to admit though it is much more satisfying getting a 10% rise out of a cheap player you have researched yourself rather than just piggy backing a big hitter.

• @NewUser159387 said in Reinvest:

@Yellow

Very sound strategy but you can have a bit of both as % rise is the key not how many futures you own (40% rise in Pogba over 2 months is the same if you own 1 or 1000).

I have to admit though it is much more satisfying getting a 10% rise out of a cheap player you have researched yourself rather than just piggy backing a big hitter.

True, but I stay away from the big hitters because of the large spread on them. If I buy a cheap player who then turns out to be a duff choice then I can easily get most my money back and quickly. I can't necessarily do that on a top player and my approach is based on constantly recycling my initial investment.

• @Yellow

Whilst true you can sell most big hitters via market sell no problem & have much more certain dividend stream which is essentially "free money" to reinvest.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, that's what make the market work, no right or wrong way to make money on FI.

• @Noirx4 thnx a lot mate 👍
    I 've your data from first day when I joined mate, I spent lot's of hours trying pick up right players, good for MB/PB... I was prepared in good way to spend that money but I don't know what's happened between choosing players etc and spend money!!
    Many of you helped me, gave me very good advance and explained how FI working but I f*** this on all way!! And now trying fix this up but I worrying cos just think is too late:/

• @Yellow well said :) and well done with your 45%, I can move forward in last 5weeks (be honest I dropped from20% to 14%).
    But after 4months don't understand how some people can be satisfacted with ~50% on player below 1£ when you look at players who grow 400%+ at the time?!
    Instead research etc and buying that kind of players I should stick with PB/MB players from last year and Young English, that's it!!
    Imagine... 352 - TAA, Ramos, Mendy, Tripper, Brozovic, Ramsey, Pogba, Madisson, Hazard, Mbappe...plus few other I've! The main and the most important thing is BALANCE in your portfolio!!
    And don't forget about dividends witch is all about it!!

• @Mundek said in Reinvest:

@Yellow well said :)
    But after 4months don't understand how some people can be satisfacted with ~50% on player below 1£ when you look at players who grow 400%+ at the time?!
    Instead research etc and buying that kind of players I should stick with PB/MB players from last year and Young English, that's it!!
    Imagine... 352 - TAA, Ramos, Mendy, Tripper, Brozovic, Ramsey, Pogba, Madisson, Hazard, Mbappe...

Because that's life! You can't buy everyone. I remember I really wanted to get Flavien Tait at 55p but just didn't have the money available. He's now £1.50 having won 18p in dividends too. Now it's easy to say I should have instant sold somebody at the time to free the money up and get him, but I didn't and that's life. I've still made good money elsewhere.

If you went on Deal or No Deal and had two boxes at the end. One was £100k, the other was £250k and you ended up walking away with £100k would you be gutted? I bloody well wouldn't be!

• @Yellow I know that but when you looking on your paper work everyday and almost all of them are there...
    Life is brutal and we are different people because I would be!! :/

• @Mundek split your money.

With 3k, say put 1k into players for the future, waiting on potential and just don't touch them and check again say in Feb. If they've not broke into the first team, they might not this year. Consider your options.

1500 can go into players definitely going to rise simply on inflation alone. Pogba prime example. Potential dividends out of these players. Sit on them but I'd reconsider them before Jan window.

500 left to flip and play with because none of us are as patient as we'd like to be!!

• @Lukeroro hi,
    No chance I'll put any £ for players with future etc, instead all go to Pogba or Mbappe cos that future - what's the point freeze again money for another 4or more months? 🤔 I made mistake and don't wanna do it again.
    IMO that kind strategy doesn't work on FI...
    In February gonna asking people exactly the same - what to do because player X went up 5p or 30% etc!
    Agree with the rest... Thnx