Instant sell suspended on specific accounts ?

• My recent portfolio was descimated by the introduction of PB now my new portfolio is descimated for a second time and with no support from FI.Is anyone else as depressed as i.

Your request (19311) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
    Alex
    Alex (Football Index)
    Oct 1, 15:27 BST

Hi Kevin,

Firstly, please be aware that our risk management team want to protect customer portfolios and will be using tools at their disposal to deter panic selling. Also, I currently do not have an exact time for when Instant Sell will be available again.
    Regards,
    Alex
    Football INDEX Customer Support
    https://www.footballindex.co.uk

• My account got messed up with the intro of performance buzz. I took some losses & adapted & things are better now. I'm waiting to see what happens after Nov 1st will make a new plan from there. Hopefully there won't be too many changes for a while after that, so our strategies can play out. At the end of the day though it's gambling, with all the risks that gambling involves, so I try to be cautious

• @pwp23 Yes i know that buying shares is a gamble but when you are blocked from selling shares in a player that is making you a small profit to reinvest and others are able to sell there shares in the player you are double punished.There is no gamble here it is selective blocking.I still have no ability to sell for reinvestment i just sit here watching any profit fade away and losses in other players continue to build.This is not a fair field of play.

• @Chewbacker any guess of the likely reason? there doesn't seem to be any reason for suspending selling at the mo

• Disgraceful that FI can block sales at their discretion.

Its not happened to me but no on. Gamble aware and all that - selling to cut your losses or for reinvestment. Doesn't matter. It should be up to the trader.

• @pwp23 Absolutely no idea.FI have made a tidy sum on commission from me.I have asked the support and they on one hand say that they have suspended instant sell and then when i tell them that there is still active selling they say that its down to the discretion of there risk management team as below message.

Alex (Football Index)
    Oct 1, 16:53 BST

Hi Kevin,

As stated previously, the risk management team want to protect all customer portfolios regardless of how big their portfolio is, and will be using tools at their disposal to deter panic selling, including varying Instant Sell availability and size of the spread.
    Regards,
    Alex
    Football INDEX Customer Support
    https://www.footballindex.co.uk

• @Chewbacker I don't think it's you alone or selective accounts affected by the instant selling. I do think it's a blanket block on all instant selling. The trading activity you see whilst instant sell is off is the sell to market. That's what I've noticed anyway.

• If it's not in their T&Cs kick off.
    If it is, accept it.