Wolves - What does success mean to their squad

• Morning all,

I'm not a Wolves fan though my mate is and has been raving about them for a while. Whilst there some familiar names there are no superstars just yet. If Wolves finish in the top half (which i believe they will and closer to 6th than 10th) what will this do for the squad price?

Firstly, consider the agent of a lot of these players is none other than our very own unscupulous Jorge Mendes of CR7 fame. He was instrumental in the signing of the Portuguese contingent.

Secondly, they are backed by a large Chinese conglomerate Fosun so they aren't by necessity a selling club.

Thirdly, Nuno (Senor Holy Ghost) is Portuguese and has clearly outlined to Moutinho et al that he has plans for success and the way he wants to play. There are 8 Portuguese players in the squad.

So a couple of players to keep an eye out for, i presume everyone knows about Neves and Moutinho so i'll ignore them for now:

Diogo Jota: One of the attacking midfielders at the club who's a lynchpin to Raul Jimenez's scoring exploits. At 21 this ex-atletico and Porto midfielder has Neves and Moutinho sat behind to supply the out balls. When i watched them i noted that Wolves play with their wide men starting inside and moving out into space this gives them channel ball options. I expect him to score goals and assists this season. Capped at under 21. @ 1.79

Matt Doherty: 26 year old wing back who has a great engine and now capped at Eire level. Makes runs beyond Costa and likes to get forward. Also happy to cut inside (see statement about late channel balls in the final third) when he sees the space. Crosses and goal threat evident. @ 0.99

Conor Coady: 25 year old year Liverpool youth player. Looks unflappable with the likes of Boly and Ryan Bennett next to him. He can also pick a pass (see channel ball options above). In England's new revamped three man defensive unit and with the emphasis on playing out from the back this would look to be an interesting option at @ 1.02

n.b I'd stay away from Adama Traore, who seems to be an impact sub (poulet sans tete) and comes on for Helder Costa (which i why i wouldn't buy into him either). I was never impressed with him at Boro and i see nothing to change my mind now. Rarely provides end product.

• Cavaleiro back from injury is massive. Another thread brought him up but this is overall Wolves so thought I'd mention here, particularly as I have a financial interest in Cava!

But at 93p, he's a bargain.

I think, overall, the first for a big move will ve Costa. He's looked out of this world in some games.

For me Traore is overrated. Try to jump on the hype train and profit before he gets found out as this generation's Bolasie (who I liked but just never was consistent.)

• @Ellisandro ha, poulet sans tete - tres bien Monsieur!

Not sure what Conor Coady's goal ratio is but I'm pretty sure @Wolves_Ay_We has spoken highly of him in the past. I think what you've written is pretty accurate and think Helder Costa also looks a great player from what I've seen. Just hope you're right on Jota as he's done jack for my Dream Team so far :-(

• @Agatello Coady's goal threat is pretty much non existent, he doesn't go up for corners as he lacks the physical presence of Boly and Bennett, he only scored one last season which was a penalty gifted to him against Bolton as we were a few goals ahead

• @Wolves_Ay_We Shame! You guys need to get Barry Douglas back :-)

• Honestly, the way Jonny has been playing, he wouldn't get into the side, this was a bit of discontent amongst certain wolves fans when we sold Douglas but that's died down since we've seen how good Jonny has been

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.