Alisson - Now out of the Top 200

• I thought I'd post this on the Forum rather than Twitter first to give you up heads up on what I think is an obvious imminent drop (I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet too) and that is Alisson 10p out of the Top 200.

I'm sure most of you understand that means he can't win Media Buzz anymore and with him being a keeper (although he does post decent PB scores - so does 21p Consigli by the way) he's not really a regular PB contender.

So what this means is anyone holding him for PB ONLY at over £2 needs to take this into consideration.

Yes someone could splash £2k+ into getting him back up there but with the Top 200 bottom line rising all the time, would that be a wise move.

I'm not trying to cause a crash here and have no interest in buying Alisson at a cheap price (well not until keepers get their own Category if that ever happens) but it's worth pointing out.

Food for thought.

• 100% on board with GK having own category, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of value of def, would really boost an interest in GKs

• I can't understand why FI haven't introduced a GK category. It could be a much lower 1p (single day) / 2p (double day) / 3p (triple day) dividend, to reflect the fact that there are fewer GKs playing in each match than Defenders or Midfielders.

Such an easy way to attract more investment and grow the platform, without significantly eroding existing player values.

• Only takes on high profile game like this weekend and he could be back up there. Just depends how much he drops first.

• @Lukeroro why would anyone buy though, regardless of what he does, if he can't win MB?

The only reason he got in the top 200 in the first place was off the back of being the World Record keeper and the Media Frenzy surrounding him, we then saw a similar surge with Courtois, Schmeichal and new record holder Kepa but their rises were matched by spectacular falls when people realised they weren't going to break into the top 200.

If he saves a pen with his Schlong whilst smoking a Panama then I suppose people could buy hoping it would dominate the news for a few days but he is JUST a keeper when it comes to PB and almost worthless less alone 2 squid!

I could well be wrong but his fall from 3 to 2 could well be down to 1 and lower before you know it.

• Goalkeepers really should not be worth more than 21p on here anybody buying them must be crackers, I cannot see them getting there own category as on days when only a couple of matches are played there is no competition, however increasing the opta points they receive for saves etc would make it easier for them to compete.

• @Agatello I agree. I'm adding a thought to the pile. But I won't consider keepers til they have a separate dividend. I don't think that's too far away either, unless the point scoring system for them is changed. 10 points for a save just won't add up to a winner. But I don't see that happening. Just a thought.

• @Fletch said in Alisson - Now out of the Top 200:

Goalkeepers really should not be worth more than 21p on here anybody buying them must be crackers, I cannot see them getting there own category as on days when only a couple of matches are played there is no competition, however increasing the opta points they receive for saves etc would make it easier for them to compete.

Hadn't read that when I wrote my last one. Exactly agree but I don't see opta changing and I don't see FI personalising the system.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.