Including Championship players on the Index?

• Hey guys

I have noticed that there are a few players on the Index that are playing in the Championship or lower that will only get Media Buzz dividends because they are not in the Premier League....

Is it worth having them on the Index at all? they have no chance of getting in the top 3 of the Media Buzz so they wont win you anything, is it worth the 'Championship' being added to the PB and adding more players?

Let's hear your opinions....

Cheers

AndyP

• I think buying of lower league players is a good thing but they'll only make you money if they end up in the Prem, either through transfer or promotion.

They wont ever work as PB because they're playing at a different level so its not fair a striker banging in goals against Bolton wins PB over someone scoring goals in a higher league.

Only way it would work is if a wealth of championship players were available and had their own PB.

Realistically, that wont ever happen. Majority of people know and follow the Prem.

• I'd say it depends what chance they have of eventually playing in the premiership or other European league and if they are cheap enough to be worth waiting for this. I personally wouldn't buy any players from the championship with the exception of one. Ryan sessegnon, who I currently have because I think he'll end up in the premier league and become a very good player. At which point hopefully his value will rocket.

• @NewUser73132 said in Including Championship players on the Index?:

I'd say it depends what chance they have of eventually playing in the premiership or other European league and if they are cheap enough to be worth waiting for this. I personally wouldn't buy any players from the championship with the exception of one. Ryan sessegnon, who I currently have because I think he'll end up in the premier league and become a very good player. At which point hopefully his value will rocket.

Kyle Walker is a 50m right back for the Premier League chasing Man City as well as being first choice for England as they prepare for the World Cup. He currently trades at 91p. Obviously speculation of penny stocks is just speculation but due to the sheer increase of supply, I'd guess that he may drift down to somewhere between 50p and 75p

Sessagnon currently trades at 94p I think. How much exactly do you think his price will rocket up to if he becomes a decent Premier League player ?

• @mike778 I've taken an uncharacteristic punt on Sessegnon for a few reasons.

1. He's likely to trigger a bit of a battle between the big clubs when Fulham are happy to sell. Which I hope ensures a bit of protracted MB in the summer.

2. I think long-term he'll be pushed forward and assume a more attacking role. Bale started as a left back and I see similarities in playing styles.

3. He's young, English, and super-talented. If he makes it, he could make it big.

So definitely a punt with calculated risk in my view; his price could easily slip and stabilise at 50p in perpetuity. But of all the youngsters on the Index, he strikes me as a good bet for morphing into a dynamic winger at a Top 6 club. And with it, a potential huge price rise. (Fingers and toes crossed).

• As above.

• Plus sessegnon scores goals. He is currently on the index as a defender, however if he signs for spurs or man utd for example and they play him as a winger instead of a left back and he still scores goals he's going to be one of the best defenders in the index to have for points Buzz.

Obviously it may take a while and obviously may not happen at all. It's all just opinions but I believe it's worth it.

• @NewUser73132
    Its all guesswork and you might be right, just don't see the room for growth. If he stays as a defender he is already priced at the top end of the defender market. As a winger, seems to be a heck of a punt that a championship full back would successfully convert to a world class winger. Fair doos if your right though - I'm on the risk averse side of things index wise.