Ronaldo almost £2 spread

• Why would people be throwing money into Ronaldo right now??? I'm confused because he would need to rise roughly 250p to be able to break even in the event of a new fall in price, I'm obviously thinking it would be near impossible to market sell, I'm guessing there are a fair few people that left him in the sell queue, so probably an IS the only option.. seems like a crazy or very brave decision to me.

• @Andy-M agree, I'm staying well clear. This is a risk too far for me, like walking across a landmine.

• In Ronny's defence I did see window of opportunity yesterday at the £9 mark and he only needs a couple of decent games (esp in the UCL) and he'll be challenging the likes of Messi & Neymar at the top of the charts!!!

He will still win media dividends and he will still win PB dividends... If only just a little less than perhaps he did at Real Madrid last year... So on that basis he is very investable still... But I just feel i've had my fun with him and it's time to move on!!!

• @dannypea Sorry Danny don't agree on this one, even if he went down to £5 I'd steer clear, the huge spread is a warning signal for me, he'll not get back to where he was 2 weeks ago... although I'd love to be wrong for the poor guys that have held on in faith or hope... guess we will be discussing this one soon again 😁

• My point is I think you can get in (or you could have at £9) and still make profit!!!!

It's a high risk strategy and it isn't for me but on the basis of him having a big influence on Juve's league campaign and playing a big part in the UCL I don't see why he can't hit £15 anytime soon???

Likewise if this alleged case is dragged on against him and he fluffs for a few weeks in Serie A people could start to slowly release their holds in him which will see his value fall.

I'll be prepared to bet that he can get to £15 but i'll also be prepared to bet that within a year he could be as low as £5 or under!!!

• Yeah that's way too high risk for me.

• @dannypea said in Ronaldo almost £2 spread:

So on that basis he is very investable still... But I just feel i've had my fun with him and it's time to move on

That what she said!

• What if you've only just signed up and got a risk free 7 days? Worth a punt then surely?

• @NewUser188498 said in Ronaldo almost £2 spread:

hat if you've only just signed up and got a risk free 7 days? Worth a punt then surely?

IF I had a risk free 7 days I would probably chuck every bit of the cash you were to spend on Ronaldo on Mbappe instead!!!

Whilst Ronaldo has short term gains and long term risk... Mbappe has long term gains and long term rewards!!!

• @dannypea Thanks for the advice. Makes sense.

• @dannypea said in Ronaldo almost £2 spread:

@NewUser188498 said in Ronaldo almost £2 spread:

hat if you've only just signed up and got a risk free 7 days? Worth a punt then surely?

IF I had a risk free 7 days I would probably chuck every bit of the cash you were to spend on Ronaldo on Mbappe instead!!!

Whilst Ronaldo has short term gains and long term risk... Mbappe has long term gains and long term rewards!!!

I think we have today's "I have missed the point entirely but I am gonna pump my player anyway" winner. Good work sir.

In case you hadn't realised, people were talking about punting on a high risk, high reward player. For all his merits, this isnt the bracket that mbappe falls under.

Regarding ronnie, its a long shot but if the charges were suddenly pulled then he would rocket so may be worth the risk free punt.

Out of interest, if people do claim their money back can they rejoin and "have another go".

• Don't Juventus play in the same colours as prison uniforms!!

• @Andy-M said in Ronaldo almost £2 spread:

Why would people be throwing money into Ronaldo right now??? I'm confused because he would need to rise roughly 250p to be able to break even in the event of a new fall in price, I'm obviously thinking it would be near impossible to market sell, I'm guessing there are a fair few people that left him in the sell queue, so probably an IS the only option.. seems like a crazy or very brave decision to me.

I listed him for sale to market yesterday and he sold for today for a fair bit more than I listed him.

To be honest, I didn't think he would sell that quick and was kind of saving my place in the queue.

Reluctant sale but at 10 quid he is still premium price and at age 33 at that price, needs a good yield to justify the risk even outside if the legal stuff.

• @Advinculas-Index CRACK'ER!!

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.