England U21s

• We talk about young English players a lot here so here's the best of them below as the squad for this weeks under 21 fixtures to play Andorra & Scotland is as follows...

Goalkeepers:
    Dean Henderson (Sheffield United, loan from Manchester United)
    Angus Gunn (Southampton)
    Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United)

Defenders:
    Ben Chilwell (Leicester City)
    Jake Clarke-Salter (Vitesse Arnhem, loan from Chelsea)
    Dael Fry (Middlesbrough)
    Jonjoe Kenny (Everton)
    Ezri Konsa (Brentford)
    Fikayo Tomori (Derby County, loan from Chelsea)
    Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace)

Midfielders:
    Harvey Barnes (West Bromwich Albion, loan from Leicester City)
    Lewis Cook (AFC Bournemouth)
    Tom Davies (Everton)
    Kieran Dowell (Everton)
    Josh Onomah (Sheffield Wednesday, loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards:
    Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, loan from Chelsea)
    Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton)
    Phil Foden (Manchester City)
    Ademola Lookman (Everton)
    Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim, loan from Arsenal)
    Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
    Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)

I presume they'll be lots of holds in the above across the board but does anyone pick out any bargains in the above mentioned? Anyone seen Ezri Konsa play? I've previously said I like Kieran Dowell but can't see him getting his chance any time soon??? As for the likes of Tammy Abraham, Dom Solanke, Josh Onomah and Phil Foden are we really not just clutching at straws in the hope that these guys one day might play (and I mean play) for one of the big boys???

Ryan Sessegnon for example was billed as last season's best young thing... The step up in class this year has so far been evident... Does he 'still' have what it takes??? I'm not writing any of the above off (i watched Foden in the Charity Shield and thought he was the best player on the park) but I do wonder for FI purposes that investing in future stars can be stale money when these boys don't play!!!

Be interested to hear your thoughts on whether you think any of the above are either over-hyped or if you believe they could go on to become 'great' premier league players?

• I dont get how CHO is not there yet Solanke is....

• Some interesting names there and some massive price differences that really show how mad this platform can be !

Personally I think the best value is Dominic Solanke played for Liverpool`s first team last year and apparently highly rated (looks like possibly joining Gerard at Rangers on loan ) is £1.10 against Reiss Neilson who has played 3 games for a decent German team is £3.19

I think Calvert Lewin £1.28 , Jonjo Kenny 89p and Lewis Cook £1.53 all have potential to rise especially when the 3 of them don't add up to one Phil Foden at £4.07 !

• Dowell when he is IPO'd will be a good 3 year hold - He has a game that is perfect for the slower pace of European football!

• Sessegnon found it tough after Jan in the Championship when opposition defences targeted him, part of why it was so important bringing in Mitrovic.

The prem is a different ball game, although he hit the underside of the jam jar against Everton at 0-0, he hasn't found chances as easy to come as in the Championship. I thought he was overpriced because of the big move hype and he would still rocket if he gets that move but I hope not and don't see it any time soon. Maybe next summer. Schurrle and Vietto competing for the same position is also tough on him and Joe Bryan at LB has meant that position isn't his any more either.

I rate him. But as an 18 yo. Decent hold but I wouldn't buy above 2.5

• I only hold one of the players mentioned....Tom Davies. At £1.31 a share I see him as good value, especially as he is playing most games for Everton and he has recently been made their captain. When comparing to a player such as Phil Foden there seems to be a lot of growth potential in Davies!

• very much agree on Tom Davies, esp compared to some of the prices of other young players yet to get much of a sniff of first team action, if any.

He's got 64 Premier League appearances, seems to be establishing himself under Silva, who made him Captain recently. Also a European Golden Boy nominee last month.

No massive PB yet, but has proved can score a goal. He's walking to walk at the moment, whilst others are just being talked about.

• @dannypea Didn't Chilwell just get called up for 1st team in place of Luke Shaw.

• Kyle walker peters will eventually get a game a spurs, he has dropped to 92p.

Ive got him as a long term hold.

Right back and left back and has played on the wing.

• @Andy-M probably yes, he played in the second half against Switzerland at Leicester and did ok tbf but I'm not sure if he's England class?

Seem to remember Kyle Walker-Peters debut against Newcastle and thinking 'what a great future he has' but with all the top full backs at Spurs perhaps he's at the wrong club to progress?

Crying shame he's only ever played 2 league games since!!! He's 21 now... No puppy and when you compare him to someone like Lewis Cook, two months older with well over 100 league games you can't help feeling this 'learning process' players have at the top clubs really isn't good for themselves or for the growth of our home grown players...?

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.