Jadon sancho

• Any newbies jumping on this player I'd be super careful, I realise he's young, playing well and just got a England call up, but is he a better investment than sterling, sane, ali, and many more players none which Iv put money into, he's currently trading at 580+!! More than all of them 😂Soon as he's played or even not played on Friday be ready for the cash out!! I could be wrong he could rocket £7-£8 if they win he league but just be carful newbies out there! What u rekon guys, but what a great money spinner he's been. And even over the index's little blip

• @NewUser92251 agree, looks way over-priced to me. Expect a dip soon.

• I think the opposite, he's got a really good story that newspapers will love - forced his way out of Man City as a kid, went to Dortmund and is now sat top of the Bundesliga with a goal and 6 assists in 215 minutes of Bundesliga football this season, so his performance buzz stats are great. He's only 18 and he's also playing Champions League (where he also has an assist this season). There's already talk of a big money move and if nothing else he will attract media buzz. I'd expect a dip after the international break, unless he scores, in which case his price will go crazy.

• Sorry to say but he won't be going to any big club apart from Manchester city, they have a buy back clause on him and will not want to see him in a different shirt, so yes big club move, playing time not so big ... seriously hope he stays at Dortmund though, he can definitely fly in price there.. not holding because I'm worried about the high price coming too soon.

• He's Europe's top assister (whatever that means) so probably more productive than Sterling, Sane & Alli right now and the hottest English prospect of the moment (until the next one appears in a couple of months at least)...

YES he's overpriced but that doesn't mean he can't go double in value through performance as Arry Kane stagnates the English National teams (lack of) high rollers at £8.77... The thing with Sancho whilst he plays at BvB he creates buzz so as long as he is featuring and playing well he should keep a respectively decent value... Especially with the rumours of a move back to the EPL...

We've seen with the likes of Rashford in the past though whilst they might jump up in value when scoring the odd goal their infrequency of consistency (perhaps hindered by many of these youngsters lack of game time) means they are usually pretty high priced non movers... Liken them to a fancy car... You pay a lot for it... Don't use it much... It doesn't lose too much in value and you might even get a bit more for it then you paid when you've done?

• @Andy-M indeed, just look at Mahrez price or even B Silva's. Just too much competition at City, their players are mostly poor for PB wins.

• @NewUser162554 yup, I'll give it a miss for now at least.

• @Andy-M said in Jadon sancho:

Sorry to say but he won't be going to any big club apart from Manchester city, they have a buy back clause on him and will not want to see him in a different shirt, so yes big club move, playing time not so big ... seriously hope he stays at Dortmund though, he can definitely fly in price there.. not holding because I'm worried about the high price coming too soon.

He left Man City because he didn't see himself playing there. Their buy back clause is irrelevant if he doesn't want to go back there and given he had the confidence to walk out of there when he was an unproven youth player I imagine he's got the confidence to say no to going back now he's establishing himself at a top European club.

He doesn't actually need to move anywhere to bump his price anyway, he just needs the speculation it will happen. Media buzz is one of the key things that drives price on FI. Young players are also a premium, as are England internationals. Sancho ticks all of those boxes and if he is as good a player as the stats suggest he will have a great chance to hit the odd PB dividend win too.

I'd say he's a potential £10 player.

• @Yellow potential is the word, the only way he'll reach £10 is staying in Dortmund, and as i stated in my previous comment, i hope he does just that.. I just don't want to risk so much on an 18 year old until he's proven himself for a sustained period... Mbappe for example... another thing that puts me off is i can see him being more of an assist king than a goal scoring machine, and assists mean jack on FI unfortunately.

• I had 150 sanchos and sold 100 of them at £5.50 as I too think that his price will drop in the short term after the internationals.
    When you compare him to established players like sterling and sane he seems to be around a quid over priced.
    I would have expected to see him at the same level as Maddison.

I will definatly be looking to get some more of him in early November after his price drops again.

• @Advinculas-Index

I think you've done the right thing.

It always better to be ahead of the curve - i.e. sell when others are still buying or buy before others have started buying. In my experience the worst time to buy a player is in the middle of a media hype bubble, like now.

When Pogba was circa £14.60, there was no shortage of posters pushing him as the first £20 player, etc. All an astute trader had to do was recognise the hype and wait. One week later Pogba dipped down to circa £12.70, providing a nice opportunity to buy-in for anyone who wanted to do so.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a similar dip for Sancho at some point between now and Christmas.

• He is currently the third highest mid on the index, utter madness, based on a couple of assists for Dortmund, he might win a bit of buzz if he does well for England but after that expect a massive drop.

• Agh, once again if only you could “short” on here!

• @NewUser60527 said in Jadon sancho:

He is currently the third highest mid on the index, utter madness, based on a couple of assists for Dortmund, he might win a bit of buzz if he does well for England but after that expect a massive drop.

I think there is a key thing here - he's the 13th most expensive player on the index. That obviously doesn't happen by chance, I doubt there is a big pump and dump operation here, and it doesn't matter if he's only worth £3 if people are happy to pay almost £6 for him. I'm braced for a drop after the international break but I'm trying to diversify my portfolio a bit and I see him as a solid long term hold.

• I'd say his price is high as he ticks so many boxes at once

• starting games now for a very in form Dortmund side who look like they could give out a few hammerings and rack up PB
    • champions league
    • MB around the England call up and games
    • transfer spec
    • young, potential
    • 'future of England'
    • Man City backstory

Etc etc.

I take your point on assists but they can help when you start to rack them up. Think Depay won a few divs last year through multiple assists iirc.

• @Indexical
    Not to say he won't necessarily drop a bit, I don't know , but it does seem rational that his price would be high

• @Indexical said in Jadon sancho:

I'd say his price is high as he ticks so many boxes at once

• starting games now for a very in form Dortmund side who look like they could give out a few hammerings and rack up PB
    • champions league
    • MB around the England call up and games
    • transfer spec
    • young, potential
    • 'future of England'
    • Man City backstory

Etc etc.

I take your point on assists but they can help when you start to rack them up. Think Depay won a few divs last year through multiple assists iirc.

Agree completely and I think the 'young' criteria is key. Everybody wants the next big thing. Stuani is 31 and already has 8 goals in La Liga. He's 81p. If he was 21 with those stats then I'm sure he'd be 4/5 times the price. The fact that Sancho is English just adds a further premium.

What's interesting though is that those disagreeing will no doubt be making good profits themselves and I think it shows the many different ways of making gains on the index.

• worst case he drops a quid or two but best case for me he doubles (and more) in value....

Sancho is a young star that is regularly playing in one of the world's toughest leagues and if ze germans are running lyrics over him that's also good enough for me as they tend to stay quite reserved until otherwise proven and they haven't been too bad a judges when it comes to footballers over the last 30 years or so!!!

YES the English factor is also worth a quid or two more so he might be a little higher priced within comparables but with higher risks = higher rewards and I think long term, a potentially world class English youngster can only go one way 'IF' his form continues!!

• I invested in Jadon at around £2.40ish.
    The beauty of these players playing abroad is that they generally go under the radar until they of course get recognised internationally or get picked up for a move. There will be plenty of rumours regarding Sancho and transfers over the next 12 months. The boy has talent and sometimes you have to pinch yourself that he's only 18. Add to the fact he's exciting to watch just adds to the hype. I see no reason at all why he can't hit the dizzy heights of £10 over the incoming years and for me he's one of my long term holds that I refuse to sell.

• Pretty much same here, but released 100 shares when he got to £5.50, but kept 50
    Eventually he could well turn out to be the next Ronaldo an become a £15 player, however there is bound to be a period in the not too distant future where he wont be "flavour of the month" and consistently delivering match winning assists etc, especially given his tender age.
    I think he will drop back down at some point in the next couple of weeks to around the same level as Madison and Foden
    It will be at this point that i will lump back in on him.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.