Jadon sancho

• @Indexical said in Jadon sancho:

I'd say his price is high as he ticks so many boxes at once

• starting games now for a very in form Dortmund side who look like they could give out a few hammerings and rack up PB
    • champions league
    • MB around the England call up and games
    • transfer spec
    • young, potential
    • 'future of England'
    • Man City backstory

Etc etc.

I take your point on assists but they can help when you start to rack them up. Think Depay won a few divs last year through multiple assists iirc.

Agree completely and I think the 'young' criteria is key. Everybody wants the next big thing. Stuani is 31 and already has 8 goals in La Liga. He's 81p. If he was 21 with those stats then I'm sure he'd be 4/5 times the price. The fact that Sancho is English just adds a further premium.

What's interesting though is that those disagreeing will no doubt be making good profits themselves and I think it shows the many different ways of making gains on the index.

• worst case he drops a quid or two but best case for me he doubles (and more) in value....

Sancho is a young star that is regularly playing in one of the world's toughest leagues and if ze germans are running lyrics over him that's also good enough for me as they tend to stay quite reserved until otherwise proven and they haven't been too bad a judges when it comes to footballers over the last 30 years or so!!!

YES the English factor is also worth a quid or two more so he might be a little higher priced within comparables but with higher risks = higher rewards and I think long term, a potentially world class English youngster can only go one way 'IF' his form continues!!

• I invested in Jadon at around £2.40ish.
    The beauty of these players playing abroad is that they generally go under the radar until they of course get recognised internationally or get picked up for a move. There will be plenty of rumours regarding Sancho and transfers over the next 12 months. The boy has talent and sometimes you have to pinch yourself that he's only 18. Add to the fact he's exciting to watch just adds to the hype. I see no reason at all why he can't hit the dizzy heights of £10 over the incoming years and for me he's one of my long term holds that I refuse to sell.

• Pretty much same here, but released 100 shares when he got to £5.50, but kept 50
    Eventually he could well turn out to be the next Ronaldo an become a £15 player, however there is bound to be a period in the not too distant future where he wont be "flavour of the month" and consistently delivering match winning assists etc, especially given his tender age.
    I think he will drop back down at some point in the next couple of weeks to around the same level as Madison and Foden
    It will be at this point that i will lump back in on him.

• A lot of Sancho’s value comes from the anticipation of the inevitable transfer saga. I’ve held Sancho from £1.04 simply because I just know he’ll eventually be linked with a move back to England just for playing half decent. The same applies for Reiss Nelson at Hoffenheim and Ronaldo Vieira once he starts getting games for Sampdoria.

When Sancho plays regularly and scores a few, and Man Utd’s chief scout is spotted in Dortmund, then absolutely no doubt the media will be talking up a £100m English teenager for weeks and months.

Hype = future MB = price rise now. It’s fairly easy to predict on English youngsters, particularly those playing abroad. I don’t fully get why people are so dismissive of taking an early position on a future asset.

• Im gambling on the fact that the £2 surge he has had over the space of 10 days leaves his current price exposed to a significant correction in the not too distant future as he seems to be over £1 higher than those you could argue fall into the same category.
    Namely Madison/Mount/Foden.

only Time will tell

• @playingcards1

Don't over look Keanen Bennett's.
    He looks a great prospect too

• @Comrade

I don’t hold Bennetts but he absolutely falls into the same category.

• @playingcards1

So ask yourself (with a limited budget i.e. 99% of FI punters) would you rather have 1 Sancho or 5 Bennetts? Which will return the biggest gain over the medium term?

If we can accept each players ability as given, then he can be a buy @£1, hold @£2-3 or sell @£5 irrespective of his future long term prospects. Pure unemotional trading instinct says sell Sancho & buy Bennett at current prices, even if Sancho were to double from here Bennett is still probably a better buy, because if he doubled to £2 he would probably still rate as a buy.

• @NewUser159387

Bennetts is with the Monchengladbach reserve team so I see better short term growth in Sancho, Nelson, and Vieira.

Your point is valid (and people don’t think enough about opportunity cost) but one I think will be more applicable when Bennetts gets promoted to the first team squad.

• i'll be honest i've never heard of Bennetts (until now) so comparing a Champions League playing soon to be England International making all sorts of headlines with an unproven Bundesliga Reserve player is like comparing Lionel Messi with Esteban Fuertes for me!!!!

Not saying Bennetts might one day be good... But short term growth (3 weeks)??? Mid term growth (3 months)??? Even long term growth (ie 3 years) I would back Sancho all the way!!!

• Bennett's has been injured and is working his way to back to fitness.
    Only back about 2 to 3 weeks.
    Was out for a few months

• some info here too (imagine what you would have paid for this boy on FI back then)....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/3007301/Arsenal-buy-10m-Jeffers.html

I would like to see him play before I invest as it's easier to make judgement.. No doubt he CAN go up in value as proved even with the worse players on FI but I would always rather invest in what i know and in who I think is playing well then taking a punt on yet another 'next best thing'!!!

The only reason i've invested in Sancho is because when I watch him play at the highest level, I see enough quality in him to suggest that he'll go on to big things... I simply think the two players all be it same age similar potential, are simply at very different stages of their careers.

• @playingcards1 said in Jadon sancho:

@NewUser159387

Bennetts is with the Monchengladbach reserve team so I see better short term growth in Sancho, Nelson, and Vieira.

Your point is valid (and people don’t think enough about opportunity cost) but one I think will be more applicable when Bennetts gets promoted to the first team squad.

It shouldn’t be long, he has only just come back from injury.

• @dannypea said in Jadon sancho:

some info here too (imagine what you would have paid for this boy on FI back then)....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/3007301/Arsenal-buy-10m-Jeffers.html

I would like to see him play before I invest as it's easier to make judgement.. No doubt he CAN go up in value as proved even with the worse players on FI but I would always rather invest in what i know and in who I think is playing well then taking a punt on yet another 'next best thing'!!!

The only reason i've invested in Sancho is because when I watch him play at the highest level, I see enough quality in him to suggest that he'll go on to big things... I simply think the two players all be it same age similar potential, are simply at very different stages of their careers.

To be fair the jeffers warning can also be applied to sancho. People who you would assume know far more about football than either of us watched him intensively and thought he was destined for the top otherwise they wouldnt have paid so much.

• @mike778 no I totally agree, it can go for all players especially of a certain age... Not saying that there isn't money to be earned in these young boys on FI but my point is every young English talent coming through at a top club is not necessarily going to be the next best superstar either!!!

Which is why i'm stating we sometimes overlook those that are doing the business for those that 'might one day' be doing it... I would rather put my money in a more consistent product than gamble it on something unproven!!!

• @dannypea
    You're not always gambling on the player, its sometimes worth gambling on the potential interest that player is likely to generate over the short term.

• @Advinculas-Index yes so short term Sancho is in the news in the England squad and it's worth investing in the hype... I don't see that in an unproven player with a few league apps? I see that more as a gamble mid to long term in the hope that you get it right???

Just not my strategy!!! Sorry!!

• @dannypea

The funny thing is Sancho is exactly that, an unproven player with a few appearances to his name. He’s done very well in short cameos here and there.

Lets see if he can perform consistently over 90 minutes, every week, deliver dividends and justify his already notable price.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.