Alex oxlade chamberlain

• Been watching this guys price over the last few months and thinking whats hes top end price wise before he comes back im only thinking of buying few 100 whats your thoughts on him?

• Given he damaged all of the ligaments and most other things in his knee, logically you would want to see of he can recover properly.

But these days, anyone injured is in high demand and seeing price rockets so who knows ...

• He suffered a very serious injury and from what I've read is unlikely to play this season, so no MB or PB opportunities.

August 2019 is a long time to tie up money until, unless you intend to buy and flip for a quick profit.

• I have to admit I'm totally bemused by his constantly rising price; he's totally destroyed his knee & may never play again & if he does there's no guarantee he can replicate his previous performance level. OK he's still young & medical science is making amazing discoveries every year but it's not like he's a 40-50p punt with limited downside, investing at £2+ in a complete crock is completely crazy IMHO.

• The ones investing in the Ox are serious gamblers - I bought a few in him last month, only to read an article from a respected doctor about the real extent of the injury and the long-shot it will be for him to return to anywhere near the form he displayed before both ligaments were torn. I got out ASAP.

HOWEVER, I do see the benefit of investing in a player that is on the injury comeback - Rhian Brewster is serious value right now and people are investing in him daily. Once he's back (Nov/Dec), Klopp has assured him that the youngster is part of his plans, so at around £2.15-£2.17 he's a steal (compared to the Ox at over £3.30).

Buy hey, don't take my word for it 😉

• *£2.30 I meant to say

• Thanks for you input guys

• Really surprised that Ox has kept rising 🤔, currently at £2.52.

Not as surprised, however, to see that since I mentioned Rhian Brewster as a more secure "comeback from injury" option at £2.17 three days ago, he's now at a healthy £2.58. I can't see that slowing down any time soon either - the kid is gonna be a hell of a player and is getting closer to fitness all the time 💪🏻.

*truth is, I'm salty that Ox has risen so much because I bought him at £2.05 and he dropped to £1.95 the next day (when I coincidentally read the doctors report on the true extent of his forthcoming rehab). I sold instantly in a panic 😭😱😂. Ah well, we live and learn.

• Ox is a slow burner IF he comes back he could easily be £3 plus but that's the bet could have a set back.

• @NewUser66152 said in Alex oxlade chamberlain:

Ox is a slow burner IF he comes back he could easily be £3 plus but that's the bet could have a set back.

The thing is though when AOC was 100% fit, pretty much first choice for Liverpool as they were going for the CL, he was absolutely nowhere near that price - sure he was about £1.50 or something like that.

I know the prices have moved on a lot since then but his current price is astonishing and atrocious value for money. Not only is there a good chance he will never be the same again, even if he does make it then he is unlikely to have the same role in the Liverpool team as they are likely to look for another player in that position - there's no way they can rely on him. I think you are right in that as he returns to fitness his price will keep rising. The premium on injured players is bizarre.

Brewster is a punt but there is no guarantee he will make it. He seems to have a significant injury premium as well. If fit then he would be pushing Solanke for 3rd choice centre forward spot - Firminho and Sturridge are miles ahead in the pecking order and he seems to be pretty much just a number 9. With Liverpool out of the league cup - he would seem unlikely to get significant game time.

• I wonder what the price will be for entry in the top 200 by the time he comes back?, a lot of people will be thinking they are getting some guaranteed MB returns when/if he comes back to fitness?.
    It could be £3 by then, if people are mad enough to start piling money into someone with a terrible injury for that reason alone becuase lets face it he’s no PB winner, then that’s an even bigger risk.

• @mike778 Brewster is only 18 though... For me I am getting in now because whether he breaks into Liverpools first 11 next season or the year after or not, there will be other clubs vying for him if (especially he's only a bench warmer). He has a LOT of MB potential once he's back - young, talented, ENGLISH (you know how the UK press go overboard on English players, even average ones ie. Adam Lallana).

The fact Brewster recently signed a FIVE year deal with the Reds recently tells you something

• @NewUser181637 said in Alex oxlade chamberlain:

@mike778 Brewster is only 18 though... For me I am getting in now because whether he breaks into Liverpools first 11 next season or the year after or not, there will be other clubs vying for him if (especially he's only a bench warmer). He has a LOT of MB potential once he's back - young, talented, ENGLISH (you know how the UK press go overboard on English players, even average ones ie. Adam Lallana).

The fact Brewster recently signed a FIVE year deal with the Reds recently tells you something

Fair enough - until I see a kid playing for a big team and performing I remain sceptical.

Taking Liverpool as an example - Jerome Sinclair was the next big thing , made his Liverpool debut at 16 (talked about like Brewster is now)and Liverpool fans were gutted when they lost him as he went to Watford for more first team opportunities. He's now 22 and on loan to Sunderland.

This time last year Solanke was the next big thing. Star striker for England U21s and Liverpool stole him from Chelsea after being promised first team football. A year later, most Liverpool fans don't think he will make it at the club.