General Appreciation on FI?

• would it be naive to say that almost anyone i invest in (in the top 200) at this stage will make me a decent amount of profit in a years time... the general growth of FI as a platform leads me to believe that more users will lead to higher demand for most players on the platform and therefore an overall appreciation across the market? For example, Neymar was around the £6 mark a year ago - i would argue his incredible rise in value is due to the increased activity on the platform, rather than people recognising his media attention and ability to rack up matchday dividends. anyone agree or disagree?

• @NewUser156777

Definitely a factor, although remember you’re buying a 3yr bet so from a purely rational standpoint - if you intend to hold for the long term - you want options that will be better prospects for dividends in 2021-2024 than they are now.

• In my opinion, yes, FI will continue to grow as will the players value due to more and more people signing up.

• being completely honest, i think appreciation is where im looking to make most of my profits. Of course, when we all see neymar at £15 it looks expensive.... but my concern is that we are all missing a trick... this platform is only going to grow, and might it be that neymar is seen as a steal at £20/£25 in a years time?

• @Harmonica are you adopting a similar strategy... I look at players like KDB at £7 and think, as the platform grows, he will easily be around the £15 mark in a year or so? or am i going crazy...

• I agree, although with the split coming soon he may not be worth that much but yes I'd say all players will go up.

• wouldnt the split accelerate the appreciation of player prices? making a future more affordable means demand will rise?

• I have only been on FI since the start of August but from everything I have read and heard from others I feel that all of the majority of the top players will appreciate over the course of the next 12 months, particularly if there is a share split.

I have read back through months and months of posts on the forum since I joined and I have not found anyone saying that they have not made money during the last 12 months. So with all the advertising and with the way that FI is going at the moment I only see good profitable times ahead.

• I generally appreciate FI

• @NewUser156777

You may find my new market report useful. The main benchmarks are the FI 200 (top 200 players), the FI 200X (the next 200 players...i.e. 201-400) and the FI 1600 (top 1600)

That will give you a good indicator of general appreciation. It doesn't account for dividends.

It also segments in many other ways such as league, position and age. Just message me your email if you would like to be added to the daily newsletter.

• Most players slowly but surely are gaining in value, personally I think if you look at the benched players at decent sized clubs there is loads of value there, its a very long season and as soon as a player gets a chance and does well their price rockets.

Some of my own examples are Emerson, Kyle-walker peters, Lingard, martial, Dalot. There are loads of others who I dont have the money to buy that I would hold,.

Ive got the patience so wait for them to do well, in the past I didn’t and wasted a lot of commission and ISing to jump on other players.

• So i've been investing around a year or so... and looking at my current portfolio... the biggest risers in value have been Pogba (7.78 a share), Neymar (5.40 a share) Hazard (5.18 a share) Mbappe (4.72 a share) to name a few... Now with all of these i've purchased more futures at various times throughout the year and I have made similar levels on the likes of Messi, Salah and previously Ronaldo and without these players my portfolio would be pretty sub-standard.

I think when a platform like FI is growing, investing at the top end is the simplest strategy to increase your wealth, because as you mention you expect it to appreciate so the most 'popular' players in world football will always rise quickest... It's really not brain surgery...

The real 'thinking' comes in to plan when the top end rises slow down and we need to be a bit more savvy, ie jumping on players that might move, jumping on them coming in to form or unearthing a gem before anyone else... But in reality, despite the odd £1 return flip at the lower end and getting lucky on a PB night... The most money I make is through the very top players in world football and i think thats how it will always be for obvious reasons?

• @dannypea completely agree, and this is the strategy i am looking to adopt.... its just the initial deposit seems scary, as i think anything below around £500 wont make a very substantial profit. I'll give it a go never the less

• @NewUser156777 I did over time and admittedly I initially started for the smaller lesser known players but looking back I wish I went for it guns blazing for the off!

£500 this month... £500, or £100 next month... Same again month 3 and keep putting in when you can and build it that way...

Rather than chuck in to one player why not spread it initially... Looking at the top five players I think Mbappe is best priced with him likely to get the Young Player of the Year and probably a lot of media speculation in the Jan window so 10.95 why not start with 10 or 15??? then Mo Salah, someone pointed out his next run of games could produce a goalscoring blitz?? grab another 10 of him... then lower down the list... Real Madrid after Sterling which might see his stock rise? 10 or 20 more?? Sancho ever-climbing.. 10 more again... Even on dividend terms it might be the odd 50p or 40p you pick up every other day (which is better than a savings account) and when you next invest a substantial amount you can double your portfolio size and pick up £1 dividends of 20 shares £2 off 40 shares and so on.....

No matter what money you have invested the return percentage is always the same.. profit building takes time (unless you go all in with a few grand), I wouldn't say to anyone it's a get rich quick scheme but a) its a better return than your banks b) is less volatile than stocks and shares, c) is much cheaper than property (and for better returns aiming at 30% profit and above) and d) you'll have a whole lot more fun doing it!!!!

• thank you for the advice! Been looking at Mbappe and definitely want to put a substantial amount on him... inevitable that he will keep rising.... i can only see the top players going one way and in an ideal world i would loan thousands! definitely looking to spread, i would recommend investing in KDB at this stage... about to come back from injury and remind everyone of his capabilities! a steal at £7.38

• @dannypea also, what are ur predictions regarding hazard.... should we expect a drop, or a continued rise if he is to retain this consistency... also, i cant help but think dybala is a steal at around £7, especially if the split comes in to play and new traders will be looking at him for around £3.50?!

• @NewUser156777 said in General Appreciation on FI?:

thank you for the advice! Been looking at Mbappe and definitely want to put a substantial amount on him... inevitable that he will keep rising.... i can only see the top players going one way and in an ideal world i would loan thousands! definitely looking to spread, i would recommend investing in KDB at this stage... about to come back from injury and remind everyone of his capabilities! a steal at £7.38

I suggest you check his pb and Mb record before you pile loads of money in him, fi is not fantasy football.

• @NewUser60527 my strategy is to make money mostly via long term appreciation, and so i am not too focused on dividends

• @dannypea Kind of and kind of not. I held big MB players and they rose very slowly. I sold the big players for the cheap players 6 months ago and they rose very fast. Then it went back to the big MB players again from July onwards where they rose fast. Different players rise highly at different times.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.