How often do you check F.I.?

• Greetings! I joined Football Index after being swayed by the iconic tones of John Motson on the Talksport adverts πŸ˜† (I'd heard about it before but Motty sealed the deal).

I've been on here 3 weeks and I find myself CONSTANTLY checking my portfolio and the forums. I'll sometimes sit and 30 minutes will pass by as I'm watching the "so-and-so just bought 100 Virgil Van Dyke" box, hypnotised.

Anyone else relate? πŸ˜‚

I love this though, it's a superb way of investing and kudos to the people responsible for making it happen πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• Exactly the same mate, addicted to it. Need a big screen like on Wall Street so I can have it on constantly in case anything happens....snooze you lose

• Yeah - i'm beyond addicted... Not sure what it is classed as!
    Been on here about a year and waiting for the interest to subside... It just hasn't happened! There is always something going on!

• @Weedster haha yea I'd love that, with the prices scrolling across the bottom constantly πŸ€—.

One of the best feelings is when you are clocking the top 200 say, and one of your players suddenly highlights green haha!
    Although the other side of the coin...it's a blow to the gut when you see the red suddenly strike πŸ˜±πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚

• @Jay-Frazz I'm already worrying about how I'll cope in June/July hahaha!
    I know there will be MB dividends up for grabs but this couple of weeks has been a killer and it's still not over till Friday πŸ˜”πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

• I prefer to think of it as being constantly on FI, and then occasionally taking a break to check on my life/eat/work a bit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• It’s an issue with me and find sometimes I’m over trading by constantly checking. It also angers the wife of course! Couple of times I’ve blocked myself for a couple days or a week but then I’m concerned one of my players could break their leg and I’d be screwed.

• At least once every 30mins !! Just refreshing the total lool

• @NewUser171924 YES over trading is the biggest downside of being addicted to FI πŸ˜‚ - I've spent the last couple of days doing a spreadsheet (as everyone seems to rate them) going back to my very first trades...it's laughable how I was dipping in and out daily and pulling the trigger for a small loss to try and get onto someone else I thought was on the rise.

Now I'm much calmer but I'm DYING to deposit a few more quid and get some fresh meat in the portfolio (my current higher risk small holding of 7 players are not in enough profit to cut anyone - yes, I've learned to be A LITTLE bit patient at least πŸ˜‚)

• @NewUser181637 exactly how I feel!

• It's to bloody addictive i say I will look when I get in from work but can't get through a morning without having a quick peep ! very difficult to be glued to it without overtrading as I found to my cost ! Taking the tablets now seems to be working only look 3 times a day and a good night's sleep,onwards and upwards good luck if your on it constantly dangerous game!

• totally addicted. prob spend 2 hours a day on FI and checking 50 times on app

• I work totally different shifts to the missus which means I'm checking constantly too, it's a bit unhealthy when u become sleep deprived, but I'll live.
    Imagine if one day you sold up and tried to move on from FI, I'm imagining it would also be a killer, going online regularly hoping that the players you had futures in have not shot through the roof πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

• I've actually worked out if you leave checking for a few days (or dare I say it a whole week) your portfolio just shoots up (I love holidays and returning to find this)!!!!

I've got a friend who i told about this and he invested a year ago... he's no interest, banged in a grand or so (when Mo Salah was Β£2) and just left it at that... I check every day probably 200 times a day just for something to do and for somewhere to rant..... I guarantee that mate of mine is at a better returns rate than I am and I'm tweaking all the time and non stop looking for my next latest move when trying to rescue the falling price of an average German striker's goal drought!!!

• There more money I put in, the more often I check it !

• @dannypea said in How often do you check F.I.?:

I've actually worked out if you leave checking for a few days (or dare I say it a whole week) your portfolio just shoots up (I love holidays and returning to find this)!!!!

I've got a friend who i told about this and he invested a year ago... he's no interest, banged in a grand or so (when Mo Salah was Β£2) and just left it at that... I check every day probably 200 times a day just for something to do and for somewhere to rant..... I guarantee that mate of mine is at a better returns rate than I am and I'm tweaking all the time and non stop looking for my next latest move when trying to rescue the falling price of an average German striker's goal drought!!!

I'm in a pickle now...Aaron Ramsey bought at Β£4.61 a share has absolutely tumbled in the last few days (down around 50p per share!)...I've been holding on because I know his transfer speculation will create possible MB bonus but damn I'm in a hole now. Wish I didn't keep checking because I know I'll end up cutting my losses and he'll probably start recovering the second I execute πŸ˜­πŸ˜±πŸ˜‚

Ignorance is bliss

• @NewUser181637

ideally you could simply leave him alone until Jan... IF his future is still hanging under a thread... Speculation/Gossip/Moves around the corner... Then no doubt he'll only go higher... If he agrees to renew contracts with Arsenal... You've left it too late...

But buying players based on speculation and buzz is much better when the transfer window is (or near) open.. you've got in early perhaps a little early on the top side of the spike before the fall.. but I wouldn't panic until we are a bit closer until decision making time for Ramsey & Arsenal!!

• Ridiculously addictive. Check it non stop. But my favourite time of the day is 2.05 am when the MB dividends come through and I eagerly scan who I can afford with this extra Β£7.50. πŸ˜„

• JEEEEEEESUS!!! I thought I was bad BEFORE the 6pm announcement 😱😱😱.

GLUED. TO. FOOTBALL. INDEX πŸ˜…πŸ˜….

What a day!!!

(Slightly down by around 1% after the goal/assist dividend frenzy but so be it. Another way of thinking will have to be adopted now, besides but not withstanding 'long term')