Keep the keeper?

• Hi everybody!

I am not so experienced so I have fallen into the goalkeepers trap today investing an important % of my portfolio on Alex Meret. I am not too unhappy about it as he's a great keeper, young and he will be back from injury next week taking the place of Ospina in Napoli, all things that the index likes if I got this well.

The question is, do you think there will be an announcement about goalkeeper PB dividends within one year?

If yes, having noticed as prices almost doubled for goalkeepers today, I'd keep him as within one year I may see his price doubled

If not, I'd rather sell him despite I'd lose some money in commissions

Thanks and sorry for my English

• It may well happen mate but there's no guarantee's. It all depends on whether you think you can make that money pay better returns in the meantime on other players.

You could always jump back on him in 6 months. Obviously the danger here is that GK's have their Cat declared whilst you're on holiday and you come back to see your prize cow tripled in value and you've missed the boat!! :-/

• @NewUser80471 said in Keep the keeper?:

Alex Meret

If you do have to Instant sell him, the spread is only 2p at the moment
    It sounds like all the keepers will drop significantly at 6pm so if you sold now you would probably end up with a profit on the deal

• Forget about if any of your players are red or green. The question you should now ask your self.

Can I make more money selling and investing in another player?

Say you put £100 on that keeper.

A £30 loss sitting there hoping one day it recovers, so you can sell at just above break even. Then say to your self I didnt make a loss I knew what I was doing.

Or

£70 put into another player that can win you PB and MB. That will grow with the index and it the same time return much more.

• @NewUser80471 said in Keep the keeper?:

Hi everybody!

I am not so experienced so I have fallen into the goalkeepers trap today investing an important % of my portfolio on Alex Meret. I am not too unhappy about it as he's a great keeper, young and he will be back from injury next week taking the place of Ospina in Napoli, all things that the index likes if I got this well.

The question is, do you think there will be an announcement about goalkeeper PB dividends within one year?

If yes, having noticed as prices almost doubled for goalkeepers today, I'd keep him as within one year I may see his price doubled

If not, I'd rather sell him despite I'd lose some money in commissions

Thanks and sorry for my English

@NEWUSER38991

This sums up my earlier point. A newbie has been burned. Can you see where I am coming from now?

• "Keep the Keeper" sounds like a Nirvana song

• @johnboywalker lol I thought we were finish with the discussion :-)

1. Why blame FI for that?
    2. Would he have sold today at the peak he would have earned quite a lot.
    3. Gk still havent crashed
    4. Is a GK dividend better than a share split?
    5. I think we are old enough to make our own rational decision....

• You are both correct:

Yes we are responsible for our own decisions
    FI should act as a professional business and not hype things up

I also feel sorry for new traders caught up in this but not those that have been around a while and should know better

• @NewUser38991

I can't wait til the next time you get ripped off in life, because you didn't read the small print.

Your lack of empathy is astounding.

Hey, i've heard FI are recruiting. Maybe you should give them a shout. You sound like the perfect candidate.

• 80471 that number seems too low for a newbie?

• @NewUser80471 sorry not so experienced thats diffrent sorry again! really must read things twice!