What a difference a day makes

• Yesterday I wrote a question about banking profits. Not even 24 hours later and all those profits ya e gone and I’m now 60£ down. Might not sound like much but that’s a£160 swing in 2 hours. I’m now selling up all and hoping I don’t lose too much. Thanks for the 1 week of fun football index

• One week - you should be eligible for all losses up to £500 to be covered under the risk free offer (they'll make up the shortfall).

• @NewUser108957 it will settle down.

• Sorry to see a new member leave.

• @NewUser108957 said in What a difference a day makes:

Yesterday I wrote a question about banking profits. Not even 24 hours later and all those profits ya e gone and I’m now 60£ down. Might not sound like much but that’s a£160 swing in 2 hours. I’m now selling up all and hoping I don’t lose too much. Thanks for the 1 week of fun football index

Honestly if you are selling up because your portfolio dropped today then you should never ever have signed up. No idea how you would cope in summer.

No single player became less valuable today. If you were confident in your picks yesterday there is no reason not to hold them today.

• Short sighted people are seeing the index as a bet and a quick fix instead of a stock and shares basis. Ride the storm!!

• @mike778 said in What a difference a day makes:

@NewUser108957 said in What a difference a day makes:

Yesterday I wrote a question about banking profits. Not even 24 hours later and all those profits ya e gone and I’m now 60£ down. Might not sound like much but that’s a£160 swing in 2 hours. I’m now selling up all and hoping I don’t lose too much. Thanks for the 1 week of fun football index

Honestly if you are selling up because your portfolio dropped today then you should never ever have signed up. No idea how you would cope in summer.

No single player became less valuable today. If you were confident in your picks yesterday there is no reason not to hold them today.

They have become less valuable if they're not goalscorers. The aim is to pick dividend winners or future dividend winners. Injured players, players out of PB winning leagues, all have dropped in theoretical value as they're less likely to win dividends.

@Dan-w FI are turning this into a short tern chasing site, not the long holds that we've all researched and spent money a time on.

• @mike778 said in What a difference a day makes:

Well said, I wish I'd learnt that earlier. If a player drops that you believe in its a great chance to buy more for the increase in a couple of months. You've got 3 years before you have to sell, so more than enough time to make at least your initial bet back. Unless of course you, like I did bought Schmeichel after an increase during the world cup and transfer speculation. Then realised that GK's are worthless

• @Lukeroro said in What a difference a day makes:

They have become less valuable if they're not goalscorers. The aim is to pick dividend winners or future dividend winners. Injured players, players out of PB winning leagues, all have dropped in theoretical value as they're less likely to win dividends.

OK this is definitely wrong. No player is less likely to win dividends than they were yesterday.

• Honestly the reaction of some people is embarrassing.

Basically today - FI have announced that if you buy players and they score goals, they will give you some money. That's it. Nothing else has changed, the index is unchanged, just that you have a chance that the index may give you some more money. Commission has not increased, dividends have not decreased, there's just a chance you will get free money.

If you trade long-term NOTHING HAS CHANGED !!!! Or atleast nothing bad anyway.

If your portfolio has dropped today then guess what - this happens on the index. If you are going to whinge about it then you are totally unsuited to a trading platform. Like I said before, no idea how people getting their knickers in a twist over FI handing out money would cope with a real crash. If your portfolio has dropped today then one of two things occurs:

1. You made good buy for players with good dividend potential - these players are under-valued and will recover in price eventually.

2. The players were not that good anyway. There has been stacks of threads about players who were over-valued due to lack of dividend potential. If your droppers don't fall into the above category then you made bad buys so man up and do better next time.

Trading into players to pick up the 2p goal bonus is a fools errand which I'm not getting involved in. If the volatility is predictable and you can make money easily by cashing in on dumb traders chasing the 2p goal dividends then great I'm in on that otherwise I'll stick with long term holds and if any buys who I buy long-term pick up goal bonuses then super duper.

• @NewUser108957 Mate, hold on to em and they'll be back. Look on them as company shares....

• @Robert-W Yep still holding my Enron shares.

• @Misto Doesn't sound like the platform for you fella...;-)

• @NewUser108957

One week fun on the index with username 108957? LOL

Check my name. I’ve been here 6 months now.

Bunch of bs’ers. “I’m leaving”, “I’m selling my shares”..

• @Misto

Would be sorry if his name didn’t suggest he’s been here for a year.

• @Robert-W There come good, keep the faith.

My favorite shares story has be the porsche short squeeze. The was legendary.

• @NewUser140313 well spotted

• @playingcards1 said in What a difference a day makes:

@Lukeroro said in What a difference a day makes:

OK this is definitely wrong. No player is less likely to win dividends than they were yesterday.

Apologies, this is true.

But they will have a lower probability of winning compared to Glenn Murray. Compared to Martin Harnik and Christian Stuani.

Who not many people would build a long term portfolio around.

• @mike778

I think you are rather missing the point; i totally agree with the thrust of your argument (& I've benefited from a large portfolio increase on the back of today's farce) but FI are trying to become a serious player & attract investors for long term growth & success. To achieve that you need to be professional, competent & build investor confidence, their performance today has been a half baked, ill advised own goal. They look more like a cheap 2 bit hustler outfit trying to churn commission with a convoluted promotion that seems largely designed to benefit themselves.

It reminds me of an "Irish backstop" that is simply designed as a stick to beat the UK negotiators with whilst purporting to protect the poor vulnerable Irish.

• @NewUser159387 said in What a difference a day makes:

It reminds me of an "Irish backstop" that is simply designed as a stick to beat the UK negotiators with whilst purporting to protect the poor vulnerable Irish.

I really struggle to see the connection you’re trying to make here.