Defenders

• This seems an underdiscussed aspect of the whole goal bonus thing but is no one else seeing this as a great way to get PB defenders at a bargain price while they still have just as much chance of PB as before ? I've picked up more Akanji, Diallo, Bartra, Mandi, Rudiger etc. who had all dropped through no fault of their own.

I understand and agree with a lot of the criticisms of the offer but at the same time examples like this still seem to show that mid to long-term oriented investors with a balanced portfolio can still ignore the hype and do well from this offer ?

• Any other examples of players who have dropped and look good value now anyone would share ?

• Each to their own. But personally I wouldn't buy defenders now (unless they score a lot of goals).

They have been devalued (relatively) by the fact that a forward or attacking midfielder can return the same PB dividend, plus an extra 2p per goal and 0.5p per assist (during the first 30 days of ownership). Add to that attacking players are naturally more likely to return MB and the picture doesn't look great.

Reading Adam Cole's statement on the FI news website, it wouldn't surprise me if this promo dividend (or something similar) is here to stay permanently.

• Well maybe but if I was prepared to pay a certain price for, say, Rudiger before, based largely on expected PB, and now he still has exactly the same chances of PB but is cheaper, then I see that as an opportunity.

• Ive waited months for my defenders to go up and now they have all gone down the pan, I’m not selling though just hope they rise again, cant help but be annoyed.

• @Indexical said in Defenders:

Any other examples of players who have dropped and look good value now anyone would share ?

Rabiot.

• @Indexical trent alexander Arnold. given liverpools run, I bet he picks up a pb and scores a free kick, takes corners and gets crosses in for this weird 0.5p assist dividend . cant understand the logic of selling him

• @Finlay77 said in Defenders:

@Indexical trent alexander Arnold. given liverpools run, I bet he picks up a pb and scores a free kick, takes corners and gets crosses in for this weird 0.5p assist dividend . cant understand the logic of selling him

To buy back, of course!