In play goals strategy

• Interested in your thoughts on this.

Buy a player as soon as he scores. Then wait until about 11pm and stick him in the sell list. Quick flip.

Thinking sub £2 players could work best as the spreads are less tight.

Thoughts?

• Personally id avoid chasing daily divs like the plague. Imo the best way to profit from this is gna be to pick up players the day after they score as there's gna be some huge drops the next day.

• @Kaned-again
    I was thinking the same...I've already got shares in a striker who plays tomorrow night which I've had prior to this new goal/assist dividend.

I'm thinking I should sell my shares in him tomorrow night when his price is high and buy back into him when he is cheaper the day after. That way I get goal/assist dividends for the player and I buy back into a player after making a profit that I want to keep medium/long term anyway.

• @bouchet said in In play goals strategy:

@Kaned-again
    I was thinking the same...I've already got shares in a striker who plays tomorrow night which I've had prior to this new goal/assist dividend.

I'm thinking I should sell my shares in him tomorrow night when his price is high and buy back into him when he is cheaper the day after. That way I get goal/assist dividends for the player and I buy back into a player after making a profit that I want to keep medium/long term anyway.

Boom...Let's all buy Dembele!

• Think I'm getting together a list of players I'm interested in investing, who aren't strikers. Thinking Rabiot, Gbamin, Pogba amongst others.

If and when they score, jump on asap and see what heppens.

• @bouchet I'm not sure how you do that, if you are to get Goal/assist dividends then you need to hold until midnight, so how are you expecting to sell at high price ?? Believe me now you try to sell at 00:00 :20 seconds and you'll be on a loss

• @Andy-M
    I bought the futures before the dividend announcement so currently they are illegible for the goal/assist bonus. If my futures go up significantly then I will sell much before the 00:00 deadline and buy new futures in the same player the next day when they are likely to be cheaper. Then the new futures would be eligible for future goal/assist dividends.

I think that makes sense...right? 😂 I'm confusing myself now.

Obviously I'm assuming that people will sell off the player after they get the dividends and then they'll jump on the next player.

• @bouchet my friend.. that makes very much sense 🤣🤣🤣 obviously might not work with top priced players, but right now we are speculating right 🤔

• @Andy-M I’ll get our way before midnight

• U have to buy the players before 12am noon on matchdays for them to count for goals n assists divs? That correct or am i missing something?

• @Kaned-again not that I’m aware of

• It seems that the only way to win is to be watching the strikers 24/7, sadly I go to match's so im going to miss all the action Saturday afternoon.

• If i buy Memphis Depay now he's £4.50.... so tonight Depay scores a hat-trick... we lump on as soon as the net bulges for his first and probably get for 4.70? he scores a second and perhaps we get him for 4.80-5.00??? after the third goal goes in we can probably still get in for £5-5.20 with a guaranteed 6p pending???

But then the fun starts..... People will cash out before midnight because the increase outweighs the dividends? That might knock his price down to the £5 mark again??? Those that hold till midnight or even buy before midnight will be able to get 4.80 plus the guaranteed dividends? Bargain!!! As soon as the clock strikes 12 though a mass exodus drops his value back down to £4.50 or at worst £4.20...? Terrible!!!! A couple of days later he's undervalued off the back of a hat-trick and back at £4.50 before the next matchday where it all happens again...

As a daytime trader (i try and spend time with the family at evenings and weekends and am not one for staying up late) this is just not practical for me... So i will probably miss out on ALL of the spikes and falls of what these matchdays bring... I have actually had a long think about it and would also reckon that many other people will totally ignore this part of the market too...? No doubt fingers will get burnt, and money will be earned, but when its all done and settled Paul Pogba, Eden Hazard, Neymar, Messi Ronny etc will still win the big money... the market will continue to go the usual way and we'll all be able to sleep at night!!!

• @dannypea

But this could already happen with PB dividends. And it’s doesnt. If Depay scores a hattrick tonight I guarantee you he will end up higher priced than £4.50 this time tomorrow.

• @playingcards1

I think my point is... I don't care because i'm not joining in....

I would be 'interested' to see the day after the night before just 'how' it effects prices though?

We've all seen that top PB performers can rise on the day, fall a bit, then rise again and if they are actually 'good' players they'll probably hold their initial value.. But if they are not, they might even dip under their previous days value?

All it brings to the table is a bit more volatility for a few hours on matchdays... I wonder if this type of hysteria needs to be created for the sake of 2p? People who miss that 12pm deadline to 'cash out' will probably be stuck with a player at a loss a day later, and will probably just stick with them a little longer with the view to them having a good chance of scoring in the next game too? If that's the case... the reason why FI have done this (to get more people selling) might fall flat on it's arse???

• @NewUser125687 nope, u can buy up until 23:59 and then sell from 00:00

• @Andy-M
    Ok cheers👍

• @dannypea I would imagine some will panic sell and that would be a bonus to FI, but their overall strategy is that there is a monthly turnover of buying and selling?

If it becomes a permanent feature, it would make sense to sit it out for now and see what opportunities it presents, and how it affects normal trading.

I am thinking that there will be more players with increased spreads, up from the few we have at the moment, but it’s wait and see if that happens or not.

Like yourself, I have no interest in being glued to FI 24/7. And will only be concerned with how any future changes affect my strategy and portfolio, and whether I need to adapt or drop out.

• i think you are all mad how do you make money when you are losing 2 per cent and getting 2 p per goal if the player is worth £4 you lose 8 p to make 2 p madness

• @NewUser130968

1. You don’t need to sell.
    2. If the player is 50p and scores twice that straw man argument instantly collapses.
    3. Goals increases the chance of PB which drives prices upwards anyway.
    4. You’re assuming people sell after one goal is scored.