Clean Sheet Bonus

• IS this a viable option for FI???

Look at it this way.
    Potentially you could have two teams that play with 5 at the back, chuck in the keeper, that's 6 player's per team, 12 in total.
    The game finishes 0-0 so that's divs for 12 players from a single game.

I can't see them doing that.

However they could certainly do it for keepers only.

That would then leave defender's at a disadvantage.

What could FI do to keep defenders of interest???
    Perhaps a goal div of 4p??? Double the strikers to reflect they are less likely to score.

Interesting times.

• Good question. I think @Noirx4 covered this off in his video/separate thread...possibly. Worth a watch anyway.

It would be interesting to see the numbers, as unlike goals there is a max with clean sheets; I.e. each defender can only win once per game whereas Jovic could keep banging in multiple goals.

Perhaps a 'clean sheet +90 mins' could work to reduce any potential volume issue? The minutes aspect needs to be included irrespective.

Either way I think it makes sense for FI to find a solution for GK/DEF if the goals/assist trial sticks. I don't think it's a showstopper.

• Yes i did cover this in the video. See link

https://youtu.be/lRs7QPm0Tqs

See below image. This is total number of clean sheet winners vs total number of goals scored this season.

0_1540031221559_Screenshot_20181020-112601_YouTube.jpg

• @Noirx4 thanks mate

• @Noirx4 Hi, The clean sheets graph shows lower than goals, but the suggested 1p payouts would have to be 4 or 5 times total because of the number of defenders in each team? Would that be viable to FI?

I understand what you're saying about opening up to other leagues because of the fringe players, but if they did, would it not create another group of fringe players from other leagues not involved, that then play in these new leagues? That would be 000's more players to deal with as well?

With this 'trial', I'm wondering that spreads will start increasing to more players lower down the popularity order? Thus forcing traders who don't participate, but want to IS, to go to market instead. So we need the order books in asap?

Great analysis and thank you.

• @Ollie sorry mate to clarify this is total number of players who had a clean sheet not the number of clean sheets. So no multiplication required. Its a like for like comparison

• @Noirx4 Ok, got it. The FI quest is to find a system that makes all players investable.

• @Comrade lol then all the people here in the forum will complain again. Because whats with the defensive midfielder??? I guess they would be worthless in the eye of most people here in the forum.. ..

• @Comrade and why should every defender get the clean sheet dividends? Then almost every defender of the same team would be valued the same, then all the money would be moved to the less expensive players of all the teams. So for example if Ramos is valued at 5 GBP everyone would buy Varane if he costs just 2 GBP for example. That would make them (ramos in this example) decreasing and the cheaper defenders of the same team increasing. That would make a lot of people here upset....

• Goalkeepers need their own category ASAP .

And if there is a goal/assist bonus again they need to give more for a defender and midfielder to even it up a bit.

A bit like fantasy football, doesn’t a striker get 4 points for a goal and a defender 6 ?

• @Tom77 I wouldn't add a GK PB payout just to few goalkeepers to compete for it. I would just add GK saves for shots on target or something like that to the current points table. That way they can compete with the rest of the DF players to win the dividends already on offer.

• @Noirx4 Hi Noir,

Love the suggestion of a flat dividend for each position and also that you have valued an assist the same as a goal.

I wonder if we also need to suggest to FI how future changes can be better implemented to prevent people getting burnt on the day of an announcement?

I imagine if dividends are introduced for GK and Def there will be some very upset users who bought into GKs and then sold this week. Also, the speculation leading up to any change will be treated with scepticism and I think FI need to act differently to restore trust ahead of future changes.

To be clear about the dividends you suggest, would 1p clean sheet be for fwds and mids as well? Not sure if it should, but otherwise goal scoring defs will fly!

• What about 1p per share dividend for keepers and defenders who score 150+ opta pb points? Breathes life into keepers, all defenders young and old

• Saves, headers, blocks, tackles.

• @Metropolis_山の中の市 just for gk and def is clean sheet. I'd have to look at how many defenders achieved both a goal and clean sheet but i dont think its that many

Listen to the fig podcast tomorrow me and him discuss future announcements