Current Footie Status

• @NewUser83668

You can literally put your shares in the sell queue for the buy price. All you need is to be selling an asset that another person wants to buy. It’s just like any stock market.

If you’ve bought a dud player, you’ve bought a dud player. It’s not upto Football Index to reimburse you for that bad decision. Take some responsibility for your actions - you knew the deal when you hit “buy”.

• Do players up for sale come of the footie? ie say i put 1000 of messi up and that takes 10p of his price.

• @playingcards1

Have you actually tried to sell anyone recently via the queue? I suspect not.

There are very few buyers around, even for the high value players. I’ve listed players recently who would have sold in hours a month ago, but now they sit in the queue for days and don’t sell.

This situation is entirely self inflicted by FI through a poorly thought out promo, so I can see why some people think it’s a con to encourage IS.

I would have expected a company who run a market to be more responsible in their actions.

Anyway, back to the original topic, Footie down again today!

• This is the daily footie tracker so we have a full picture of how the footie is doing since I started collecting the info on 11th Oct:

Thursday 11th Oct 40,551
    Friday 12th Oct 40,787 (up)
    Saturday 13th Oct: 40,903 (up)
    Monday 15th Oct: 41,012 (up)
    Tuesday 16th Oct: 41,252 (up)
    Wednesday 17th Oct: 41,317 (up)
    Thursday 18th Oct: 42,078 (up *day after G/A div announced)
    Friday 19th Oct: 42,257 (up)
    Saturday 20th Oct: 42,224 (down)
    Sunday 21st Oct: 42,323 (up)
    Monday 22nd Oct: 42,325 (hardly moved)
    Tuesday 23rd Oct: 42, 276 (down)
    Wednesday 24th Oct 42,236 (down)
    Thursday 25th Oct: 42,019 (down)
    Friday 26th Oct: 41,852 (down)

• @ScouseSte From the high of 42,257 on the 19th till today, the drop is about 400 points, 1%. Announcements are normally made at meetups, next one Dublin, sometimes money goes out for that.

• My reading is it grew over 1500 and then dropped 400. That seems pretty positive to me.

• @playingcards1 @playingcards1 yes i put the player in the sell queue. Haven't bought any dud players. I'm talking top 10 players The point i'm making is why if say your player worth £9 and you put them in sale queue for £8.98 they never get bought. Your telling me there is nobody that wanted them? Complete nonsense.

• @NewUser83668

I think you need to consider the implications of the word “queue”. More people are trying to sell than buy at the moment.

Basically, if you want to shift a premium asset, you do so when the market is booming. It’s much trickier in a downturn, but again you’re making the to decision to try selling now. That doesn’t mean Football Index have a responsibility to bail you out.

It’s like if you’ve bought a beautiful Porsche for £50k, and then get annoyed that the dealer won’t buy it back off you for the same price. If you think it’s still worth £50k, you need to find another buyer who agrees with your valuation.

• @playingcards1 @playingcards1 I dont want them to bail me out. But i've had assets that are increasing , so people are buying the player , but you still can't sell them for a slightly lower price than they are worth. Seems iffy to me. So if i had a £50k Porsche and someone else had the same £50k Porsche but i was offering mine at £45k mine wouldn't sell but the more expensive one would?

• @NewUser83668

Do you mean you’ve been trying to set a reserve price below the buy price, and still haven’t been able to sell?

• @playingcards1 Yes. Just seems a bit odd

• @NewUser83668

It’s not iffy. You just haven’t read or understood how the sell queue works. The reserve price doesn’t instantly catapult you to the front. Your shares stay standing in the queue but with a big placard around their necks saying “IF THE PRICE IS BELOW £8.98 WHEN I REACH THE FRONT PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM SALE”.

• @playingcards1 said in Footie down 33 yesterday:

@NewUser83668

It’s not iffy. You just haven’t read or understood how the sell queue works. The reserve price doesn’t instantly catapult you to the front. Your shares stay standing in the queue but with a big placard around their necks saying “IF THE PRICE IS BELOW £8.98 WHEN I REACH THE FRONT PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM SALE”.

I must admit I didn't realise how the sell queue works either (I've always just instant sold).

So these "order books" that are meant to be coming.... Does that mean, using your example, that if the guy selling at £8.98 has been in the queue for 2 days and I come along only wanting £8.97 then I go in front of him? Like Betfair? (Cheapest available buy price shown)

• @playingcards1 No i get that. It's no guarantee of selling them dependant on how many in queue/price e.t c but tried loads of different ways of doing i.e. take price right down/price high as i can but neither sells. Maybe it's like you said but just boxes you into either instant selling players at a loss (when their vaue has increased in your porfollio) or putting them in the queue and hoping they will sell which it isn't doing. Maybe the market just hectic at the moment. Don't get me wrong i do like FI concept but could improve the way that aspect works or make the instabt selll price less tight

• @playingcards1 said in Footie down 33 yesterday:

@NewUser83668

Does that automatically happen, and you see it in your PF, that the player is not for sale anymore? As I think I have read posts here, that it's not functioning properly, and players are selling way below reserve prices, and traders get on to CS who then rectify it?

• @NewUser83668 About 4 weeks ago (Before the new G&A promo). I put my Messi futures in the queue and they took 5 days to sell. That was in a rising market with one of the most popular players in the market, so I guess you will have to be very patient in a falling one.

• @TheSleepingGiant Cheers. Hopefully the queue just taking longer than when first trading.

• This is the daily footie tracker so we have a full picture of how the footie is doing since I started collecting the info on 11th Oct:

Thursday 11th Oct 40,551
    Friday 12th Oct 40,787 (up)
    Saturday 13th Oct: 40,903 (up)
    Monday 15th Oct: 41,012 (up)
    Tuesday 16th Oct: 41,252 (up)
    Wednesday 17th Oct: 41,317 (up)
    Thursday 18th Oct: 42,078 (up *day after G/A div announced)
    Friday 19th Oct: 42,257 (up)
    Saturday 20th Oct: 42,224 (down)
    Sunday 21st Oct: 42,323 (up)
    Monday 22nd Oct: 42,325 (hardly moved)
    Tuesday 23rd Oct: 42, 276 (down)
    Wednesday 24th Oct 42,236 (down)
    Thursday 25th Oct: 42,019 (down)
    Friday 26th Oct: 41,852 (down)
    Saturday 27th Oct: 41,934 (up)

The first rise in almost a week (coinciding with many people's payday so I'm not reading tooooo much into this positive shift just yet 🤔)
    The market seems a lot more steady though now since the madness of earlier in the week so hopefully this fad of chasing dividends is over 🙏🏻

• Thanks for doing this Scouse
    Im surprised that this data is not readily available going back to the beginning or at least a year.
    It would be interesting to be able to look at trends , ie what has tended to be the best worse days during the week, month / year. As well as how the Footie reacted to certain events during the past 3 years (Internally - FI Changes / externally events within the game)

• Interestingly it was showing as 100 up earlier today and now its been changed to 20

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.